adobo de pollo - Easy to do and Very moist even after warming up leftovers the next day!. Today I am sharing this adobo de pollo! A quick and easy dinner that is ready in under 30 minutes!
You can cook adobo de pollo with 11 Ingredients and 4 steps. See the following guide!
Ingredients for adobo de pollo:
- 8 chicken thighs or any part of the chicken u like that is equivlant in amount.
- 10 dried chile de arbols.
- 30 dried japones chiles.
- 5 California chile pods.
- 2 clove garlic.
- 6 bay leaves.
- 1 tsp dried thyme.
- 1 roma tomato.
- 1 oil to fry chicken.
- 1 water to boil chiles.
- 1 salt to taste.
Step by step how to cook adobo de pollo:
- first cut slits across the chicken so it cooks quicker and absorbs salsa in the end. heat oil in large fry pan and place chicken skin down, cook until done flipping at least once..
- in sauce pan add tomato and chiles and water and cook until tender. add to blender with garlic and thyme salt to taste..
- when chicken is fully cooked, add salsa from blender to pan with chicken and add bay leaves. cover , lower temp and let simmer about 10 minutes more..
- FYI : u can boil the chicken instead for a lower fat version, if u go that route add onion to the pot for a little extra flavor..