Amazingly Good Corn Soup Made from Fresh Corn - Turned out great! Very moist.. Today I am sharing this Amazingly Good Corn Soup Made from Fresh Corn! A quick and easy dinner that is ready in under 40 minutes! If you find the flavor lacking, add a tiny bit of soup. How To Make Summer Corn Soup. To begin, remove the husks and silks from the corn and set one ear of corn aside. Use a knife to cut the kernels Good fresh corn is only available in August when the kitchen is hot. This soup involves a lot of cooking and preparation.
An easy, healthy soup made with simple ingredients. It can be made with either fresh or frozen corn. This Sweet Corn Soup has been a staple recipe at our house for years!
You can cook Amazingly Good Corn Soup Made from Fresh Corn with 10 Ingredients and 10 steps. See the following guide!
Ingredients for Amazingly Good Corn Soup Made from Fresh Corn:
- 3 medium ● Fresh corn on the cob.
- 1/2 ● Onion.
- 30 grams ● Butter.
- From this point on all the ingredients are for one batch of soup using 1/2 of the ingredients listed above..
- 400 ml plus Milk.
- 50 ml Heavy cream (if you have some).
- The beurre manié:.
- 1 tbsp Butter.
- 1 tbsp Flour.
- 1 Salt and pepper.
My Mom used to make it growing up and it's one of the recipes she wrote down for me in a little green. And not only is it both vegan and gluten free, but it can also be prepared one of two ways: Blended I highly recommend making this soup as a last summer hurrah before fall arrives. Learn how to make corn soup with just fresh sweet corn! I hope you enjoy this easy Corn Soup recipe!
Step by step how to cook Amazingly Good Corn Soup Made from Fresh Corn:
- Make cuts in each corn cob as shown in between the rows of kernels. Make cuts between each row of kernels on both cobs..
- Scrape one of the corn cobs with the back side of a kitchen knife to remove the insides of the corn only, leaving the skins. Remove the whole kernels with the blade of the knife from the other cob..
- This is what was removed from the corn cobs. Finely chop the onions and saute in butter over low heat until transparent, then add the corn and continue sauteeing..
- When the corn is cooked through and turns a nice yellow in color it's done. You can freeze half of this mixture in a ziplock bag. We'll make the rest into soup..
- Add 300 ml of milk to the pan that the cooked corn mixture is in, and simmer over low heat. Take care not to let it burn!.
- Make the beurre manié (literally, "kneaded" butter). Put the butter (1 tablespoon) into a heatproof container and melt in the microwave. Add the flour and mix well..
- Add the beurre manié to the pan little by little to thicken the soup. Add the rest of the milk and the heavy cream, and adjust the thickness..
- When the soup is the constency you like, season with salt and pepper to taste and it's done..
- If you reduce the amount of milk drastically, the soup will be thick even without added thickener. If you want a really rich version!.
- The corn and onion add a lot of sweetness, so this tastes best if you are generous with the salt. If you find the flavor lacking, add a tiny bit of soup stock granules..
Sweet Corn Soup Recipe with step by step photos. This is a delicious and easy corn soup made Sweet corn soup is an easy and delicious soup made from fresh American sweet corn, herbs and Not only is it amazingly simple but tastes yummy too…it's one of my favourite comfort foods now!! 😀. How To Make The Best Corn Soup You'll Ever Have. Just boil it and chow down. Or turn it into an easy summer soup (recipe below)—so simple, but luscious when made with fresh corn, cut from the cob mere minutes before using.