Auntie’s Ilocano Pinakbet - Turned out great! Very moist.. Today I am sharing this Auntie’s Ilocano Pinakbet! A quick and easy dinner that is ready in under 45 minutes!
You can cook Auntie’s Ilocano Pinakbet with 11 Ingredients and 7 steps. See the following guide!
Ingredients for Auntie’s Ilocano Pinakbet:
- 5-6 tbsp salted fish sauce.
- 1/2 cup water.
- 5 cloves garlic; minced.
- 2 tomatoes; roughly chopped.
- 4 green onion stalks; cut into 1” pieces.
- 1/2 kabocha squash; cut into 1.5” cubes.
- 1 bittermelon; cut into 1” cubes.
- 12 okras; cut in half.
- 1 bunch string beans; cut into finger-length size.
- 2 eggplants; cut in half lengthwise, and into 3” pieces.
Step by step how to cook Auntie’s Ilocano Pinakbet:
- Prep yo ingredients..
- In a large stock pot, put in the water and salted fish sauce. These are the brands she uses. Heat on high until bubbly..
- Add (in this order) kabocha squash and a handful of chicharron..
- Add in half the tomatoes/onions/garlic. Then layer in the string beans. (We’re basically layering this like a lasagna)..
- The rest of the tomatoes/onions/garlic + another handful of chicharron. Feel free to add more water as you see fit..
- Okra, bittermelon... (the bittermelon is optional).
- And last but not least, the eggplant. Cover and heat on med-high until cooked. So easy! Enjoy!.