Baked Shrimp Scamp - Turned out great! Very moist.. Today I am sharing this Baked Shrimp Scamp! A quick and easy dinner that is ready in under 15 minutes!
You can cook Baked Shrimp Scamp with 12 Ingredients and 5 steps. See the following guide!
Ingredients for Baked Shrimp Scamp:
- 1 kg (2 pounds) shrimp, peeled, deveined and tails on or off.
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice.
- 2 tablespoons white wine (optional — sub with extra lemon juice or chicken stock.
- 1 brown shallot, minced.
- 1/3 cup melted butter, divided.
- to taste Salt and pepper,.
- 1/3 cup Panko breadcrumbs.
- 4 cloves garlic, minced.
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese.
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes or more, to taste.
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped parsley leaves.
- Lemon wedges to serve.
Step by step how to cook Baked Shrimp Scamp:
- Heat oven to 220°C | 425º F. In a well-seasoned oven-proof skillet or baking dish, combine the shrimp, lemon juice, white wine, shallots, 2 tablespoons of melted butter, 1 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Mix well until the shrimp are evenly coated.
- OPTIONAL: Starting from the outer edge of your skillet or dish, arrange the shrimp in a single layer towards the centre of the pan. Set aside..
- In a small bowl, combine the remaining melted butter, bread crumbs, garlic, parmesan cheese, red pepper flakes and 2 tablespoons of the chopped parsley; mix well..
- Sprinkle the breadcrumb mixture over the shrimp and bake for 12 minutes, or until hot and bubbling, and the shrimp are ‘just’ cooked through. Change oven settings to broil or grill for a further minute or so, until the top is crispy and golden..
- Garnish with remaining parsley, squeeze over a drizzle of lemon juice and serve with lemon wedges..