Chicken adobo - Turned out great! Very moist.. Today I am sharing this Chicken adobo! A quick and easy dinner that is ready in under 20 minutes! Chicken Adobo is a type of Filipino chicken stew. Chicken pieces are marinated in soy sauce and spices, pan-fried, and stewed until tender. The dish gained popularity because of its delicious taste. This tangy, sweet, salty chicken adobo recipe cuts down on the time-consuming process of peeling and slicing a ton of garlic cloves. Chicken Adobo - crazy delicious Filipino Chicken Adobo recipe made in one pot.
Chicken Abodo is a perfect dinner for the entire family. Pour the adobo sauce into the pan. Boil until it reduces to half.
You can cook Chicken adobo with 13 Ingredients and 12 steps. See the following guide!
Ingredients for Chicken adobo:
- 2 cloves garlic.
- 1 onions, yellow.
- 1/2 lb. bok choy.
- 1 cup broccoli.
- 2 onions, green.
- 8-10 oz. boneless chicken breast.
- 1 tbsp. biodynamic extra virgin olive oil.
- 1/4 + 3/4 cups water.
- 1/4 cup fresh city's sweet chili sauce (sesame oil, tamari, brown rice vinegar, chili okazu, coconut sugar).
- 2 bay leaf, whole.
- 3/4 cup white arborio rice.
- To taste salt & pepper.
- 1/2 cup coconut milk.
Whether consumed in Manila's heat or on the edge of a New York winter, adobo holds the power to change moods and alter dining habits. Chicken adobo is a Filipino treasure and considered to be the national dish. Adobo, is often prepared with chicken but can also be made with pork, seafood or even vegetables. Chicken adobo is perfect for anyone who doesn't want to spend too much time to cook, yet delicious and appeal to everyone.
Step by step how to cook Chicken adobo:
- Prepare the Ingredients: Dice the onion. Rinse and roughly chop the bok choy. Rinse and chop the broccoli into florets. Rinse and dice the green onions. Cut the chicken into 1-inch pieces..
- Make the Chicken Adobo: Heat 1 tbsp. olive oil in a large pot over medium heat..
- Add the garlic and onion. Cook until tender and fragrant, about 2-3 minutes..
- Add the chicken, ¼ cup of water, the Sweet Chili Sauce, and the bay leaves. Bring to boil..
- Once boiling, reduce the heat and let simmer for 25 minutes, adding more water, one tablespoon at a time, if needed..
- Stir in the bok choy and broccoli and continue to simmer until it is wilted, about 5 more minutes..
- The chicken is done when it reaches an internal temperature of 165°F and shows no signs of pink..
- Make the Rice: While the adobo is simmering, rinse the rice in a fine sieve and add it to a small pot with a pinch of..
- Salt, ¾ cup of water and the coconut milk..
- Bring to boil. Once boiling, reduce heat to simmer and cook, covered, until the rice is tender and the water is absorbed, about 10-15 minutes..
- Bring It All Together: Evenly divide the rice between two bowls..
- Spoon half of the Chicken Adobo on top. Season with salt and pepper to taste and garnish with green onions to serve!..
The Instant Pot can get this chicken adobo dinner to the table in well under an hour. Chances are, if you've had Filipino food at one time or another, you've probably had adobo: a dish common in the. All the original flavors of Filipino Chicken Adobo you love in a fraction of the time. This one-pot Filipino Chicken Adobo recipe from Food Network uses only a handful of ingredients, including garlic and soy sauce. I first became interested in chicken adobo when I saw a recipe for it using a slow cooker.