Chicken and potato adobo soup - It was delicious !!!!! Easy to make and a crowd pleaser !!!. Today I am sharing this Chicken and potato adobo soup! A quick and easy dinner that is ready in under 30 minutes! Potato soup is definitely on the menu for this weekend, though… it's so frigid outside I've convinced myself that I need soup, specifically creamy potato Potato soup makes me dramatic, evidently. If you're in the midst of a cold spell yourself (or even if you're not) I think you're going to enjoy this. Colombian Ajiaco (Chicken and Potato Soup). Place the potatoes in the pot with the leftover cooking liquid and set over medium heat. Add the corn, the bunch of scallions, the bunch of cilantro, and the guascas.
I hope you all had a wonderful Mother's Day - especially all you moms! We ended up having my in-laws over for dinner, but my mother in law ended up doing most of the cooking. Add the papa criolla and half of the packet of guascas and stir.
You can cook Chicken and potato adobo soup with 16 Ingredients and 8 steps. See the following guide!
Ingredients for Chicken and potato adobo soup:
- 1.75 boneless skinless chicken thighs cleaned trimmed and cubed.
- Small white onion minced.
- Small red bell fine diced.
- 2 jalepeno minced.
- 2 medium to large poblanos diced.
- 6 small garlic cloves minced.
- 32 oz chicken stock.
- 28 oz can crushed tomatoes.
- Bunch cilantro chopped.
- 2 limes.
- Smoked paprika.
- 1 pound mini gold potatoes washed and halved.
- Cup diced carrots.
- Small can chipotle peppers in adobo sauce(seeds removed and finely minced).
Reduce heat to low and simmer Remove and discard the bouquet garni. Add salt and pepper to taste. Ladle the soup into individual bowls. Serve with shredded chicken and other.
Step by step how to cook Chicken and potato adobo soup:
- Prep all ingredients first.
- After the chicken is prepped season it with kosher salt and smoked paprika, add evo and sear in the Dutch oven and set aside.
- Add carrots, onion, bell pepper and jalapeño and cook until soft, about 10 minutes.
- Add garlic, cumin and thyme with a couple pinches of salt and cook for another 5 minutes until fragrant.
- Add poblano and cook for a couple minutes.
- Add the stock, crushed tomatoes, 1/3 cup cilantro, chipotle peppers with the adobo, chicken and potatoes and bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer covered for about 30.
- After 30 minutes check for seasoning and the squeeze in the juice of 1 lime and cover again for 15 to 20 or until potatoes are done.
- Serve with more cilantro and some lime wedges.
Put potatoes, yucca and corn in pot and season with salt and pepper and cayenne, if using; pour chicken stock into pot. All potatoes originated in the Andes, and Colombia has quite a selection of them, the best being the small, yellow, creamy, buttery papas Criollas. They're eaten deep fried, salt roasted, boiled, or—my wife's favorite method—cooked into ajiaco, a classic chicken and potato soup from the mountains. We're sharing Healthy Slow Cooker Chicken Potato Soup today… Thick, creamy, and seemingly sinful! Chicken and Potato Stew (Guisada al Pollo).