Creamy Stewed Chicken - It turned out very good but i think i could have cooked it a little longer.. Today I am sharing this Creamy Stewed Chicken! A quick and easy dinner that is ready in under 15 minutes!
You can cook Creamy Stewed Chicken with 19 Ingredients and 7 steps. See the following guide!
Ingredients for Creamy Stewed Chicken:
- 6 Chicken Thighs (Interchangeable).
- 16 Oz. Tub Sour Cream.
- 1 Cup Heavy Cream.
- 1 Can Whole Peeled Tomatoes.
- 1 Large Onion.
- 5 Cloves Garlic.
- 1 Bell Pepper.
- 1 Fresh Tomato.
- Sofrito (Goya).
- Chicken Stock.
- Black Pepper.
- Onion Powder.
- Garlic Salt.
- Italian Seasoning.
- Chilli Powder.
Step by step how to cook Creamy Stewed Chicken:
- Contrary to popular belief, carefully wash and dry chicken. Get a little oil in the pan and sear chicken. Remove from pan..
- Add onions, garlic and mushrooms in the same pan the chicken came out of. Cook a couple minutes and add a few heaps of Sofrito to the party. Mix, cook a few minutes and add the pepper. Season throughly. It’s going to have a decent amount of liquid. Nobody cooks bland food for 2 hours..
- When your veggies get some colour, add the diced fresh tomato along with the canned ones. Get some heavy cream in there and a little more than half of the sour cream. Mix well..
- Return chicken to pan and add enough stock to cover them. Bring to a boil, then cover and simmer for about an hour and 15 minutes..
- Remove chicken from pan. It’s cooked now. Bring the mixture back up to a soft boil and reduce by about a half (keep lid off). In the meantime, you can debone your chicken..
- Add chicken to pan, add a heap of sour cream and simmer (covered) 10 minutes to incorporate flavors..
- Serve with rice, top with sour cream and scallions..