Jackfruit Payasam - It turned out very good but i think i could have cooked it a little longer.. Today I am sharing this Jackfruit Payasam! A quick and easy dinner that is ready in under 35 minutes! With Jackfruit, jaggery and coconut milk as main ingredients, the payasam has few ingredients I am Actually last year, for Onam I posted rice ada payasam. This year too, wanted to post some recipe for. Jackfruit payasam recipe with step by step pics. This jackfruit payasam recipe is from the Kerala cuisine. Its called as chakka payasam or chakka pradhaman in malayalam and palapazham.
This Jackfruit recipe is from the Kerala cuisine. The payasam has the aroma and taste of jackfruit coupled with coconut milk. It is called chakka pradhaman or.
You can cook Jackfruit Payasam with 9 Ingredients and 2 steps. See the following guide!
Ingredients for Jackfruit Payasam:
- 2 cups jack fruits (seeds taken and cleaned).
- 1 cup molasses (oonda sarkara-1).
- 2 cups milk Dairy.
- 1 cup Coconut milk.
- 2 tbsps ginger cardamom dried ,,jeerak powdered.
- 2 tbsps Ghee.
- 2 tbsps Cashew nut Kismis , each.
- a pinch salt.
- 1/4 tsp vanilla essence.
I've always loved jackfruit and jackfruit dishes. A huge single jackfruit can be turned in to number of Just few weeks ago I've posted Jackfruit appa using rava and now this jackfruit payasam. This Jackfruit Payasam comes all the way from the Southern state of Kerala. They will never believe that this Payasam has been made using Jackfruit which is seldom considered to be flavourful.
Step by step how to cook Jackfruit Payasam:
- Coook 2 cups of sliced jackfruits in one cup of water for about 10 minutes.Take out,cool, blend it and keep aside.Take the sarkara(molasses) and boil it in one cup of water,till it is dissolved.Sieve the syrup.and keep aside. Fry the cashews and kismiss in ghee and keep aside..
- Now mix the molasses syrup with the jackfruit pulp and cook for 20 minutes in a thick bottomed pan,continuously stirring.Add the dairy milk simultaneously,followed by the cashews and kismiss with the balance of ghee,stirring.When the whole contents have been fully mixed, Add the coconut milk followed by the spices powder.Mix every thing fully well.Add a very small pinch of salt followed by quarter teaspoon of vanilla essence.Take out from fire Delicious payasam is ready. You can serve....
Chakka Pradhaman is a traditional payasam or pudding of Kerala made with jackfruit. Usually this chakka pradhaman is prepared using chakka varatti (jack fruit jam). Home Payasam Recipe Chakka pradaman recipe Pressure cook chopped jackfruit with enough water for just one whistle. Cool and then grind the cooked jackfruit to a fine paste.