Mexican Chicken Stew - It was delicious !!!!! Easy to make and a crowd pleaser !!!. Today I am sharing this Mexican Chicken Stew! A quick and easy dinner that is ready in under 40 minutes! Ground guajillo chile powder found in Mexican markets is quite different from regular chili powder. This healthy crockpot Mexican chicken stew is inspired by tortilla soup. Packed full of delicious Mexican flavors and super simple to prepare, you'll love how easy it is to make this stew recipe in. Buy us a cup of coffee. Thank you all so much for watching our recipe videos and supporting our channel.
If you would to further support and help us. Looking for Mexican chicken soup recipes? Add garlic and jalapeno and sweat until soft and translucent.
You can cook Mexican Chicken Stew with 21 Ingredients and 10 steps. See the following guide!
Ingredients for Mexican Chicken Stew:
- 4 cups low sodium organic chicken broth.
- 1.5 lbs boneless skinless organic chicken tenders.
- 2 medium yellow onions.
- 1 large green bell pepper.
- 2 Tblsp minced garlic.
- 2 Tblsp chili powder.
- 1 Tblsp Turkish cumin seeds.
- 1 tsp oregano.
- 2 Tblsp cumin powder.
- 1 tsp garlic powder.
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper.
- 2 dried japonés.
- 2 dried árbol peppers.
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes no salt added.
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can Mexican style hominy.
- 2 medium gold potatos.
- 2 bay leaves.
- 3 Tblsp olive oil divided.
- 1 Tblsp cornstarch.
- 1 pinch sugar.
- to taste salt and pepper.
Add tomatoes, chicken, Worcestershire, and stock. I found the Mexican Style Chicken Stew to be the usual slightly bland but tasty fare we expect from an MRE. I added a packet of hot sauce I had along (the MRE comes with ground red pepper) and that improved things a lot. When the chicken pulls apart easily, remove from the heat and leave to stand somewhere warm Sprinkle with the coriander and serve with wedges of lime.
Step by step how to cook Mexican Chicken Stew:
- In a large bowl, add chicken broth and wisk in cornstarch..
- Clean potatoes and poke with a fork..
- Microwave potatoes on high for 6 minutes. Remove and cut into cubes..
- Chop onions and bell peppers..
- Cut chicken into 1 inch cubes and season with cumin powder, garlic powder, salt and pepper..
- Heat 1 1/2 tablespoons of olive oil in a large stock pot..
- Add chicken and cook until browned on the edges, but still pink inside. Remove from pan and set aside..
- Add remaining oil and sauté onions and bell peppers for five minutes..
- Add remaining spices, garlic, peppers and sauté for an additional 2 minutes..
- Add remaining ingredients and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 45 minutes..
Enjoy your Mexican Chicken Stew Slow. Full of zing and spice, you can't go wrong with a Mexican chicken stew, especially when it comes with homemade guacamole. Remove chicken from broth mixture; cool slightly. Mexican chicken stew recipe : Recipe for white bean chicken chili. The stew's base is made using the traditional method—first, two kinds of dried chiles are toasted, and then the chile paste is sauteed.