New York style pizza dough - Easy to do and Very moist even after warming up leftovers the next day!. Today I am sharing this New York style pizza dough! A quick and easy dinner that is ready in under 25 minutes!
You can cook New York style pizza dough with 6 Ingredients and 3 steps. See the following guide!
Ingredients for New York style pizza dough:
- 5 cup unbleached bread flour.
- 1 1/2 tbsp sugar.
- 2 tsp salt.
- 1 1/2 tsp instant yeast.
- 3 tbsp olive oil.
- 1 3/4 cup room temp water.
Step by step how to cook New York style pizza dough:
- put water in a metal bowl (I use 5qt. kitchen aid mixer with a dough hook) add yeast,sugar,salt, and olive oil and mix until dissolved. add the flour a little at a time and mix until dough pulls away from sides of bowl and is on hook. mix on low for 4 minutes. let the dough rest for 5 minutes then mix again on med low setting for an additional 2 minutes. immediately divide the dough into 3 equal pieces. round each piece into a ball and rub with olive oil. place each ball in a zippered bag or dough container and refrigerate overnight or freeze any pieces you will not be using the next day. The next day remove the dough 2 hours prior to use to allow the gluten to relax and remove the chill..
- place a baking stone on the middle shelf of oven and preheat on the highest setting for 1 hour. shape the dough using the toss and spin method stretching to a diameter of about 12 inches. dough should be about 1/4 inch think and slightly thicker toward edge. transfer dough to a peel or inverted sheet pan dusted with flour or cornmeal..
- add sauce and toppings and slide onto the stone. should take about 12 minutes to bake. when done crust should be crisp and slightly charred on edge and cheese should be bubbling and just beginning to caramelize. The underside of crust should be brown and crisp...not white and soft..