Puerto Rican Creamy Temblequé (Coconut Pudding) - It turned out very good but i think i could have cooked it a little longer.. Today I am sharing this Puerto Rican Creamy Temblequé (Coconut Pudding)! A quick and easy dinner that is ready in under 25 minutes! This Puerto Rican dessert recipe is a simple coconut milk pudding thickened with cornstarch and garnished with cinnamon. My husband is Puerto Rican and wanted me to make this! 'Tembleque,' which means 'wiggly,' is a creamy coconut pudding. Quick, Luscious Coconut Pudding from Puerto Rico Tembleque, which means "wiggly," is a creamy coconut pudding that's famous throughout Puerto Rico. Featuring GOYA® Coconut Milk, our Tembleque recipe makes a rich, cool coconut-flavored dessert that comes together in minutes! Puerto Rican Coconut Pudding, or tembleque, is a simple dessert made from ingredients you probably Most important: Use full-fat coconut milk.
Light coconut milk won't give your tembleque the same body or Creamy Chai-Spiced Vegan Rice Pudding. Panna Cotta with Summer Berries. Следующее. This pudding is a very common Puerto Rican dessert.
You can cook Puerto Rican Creamy Temblequé (Coconut Pudding) with 11 Ingredients and 4 steps. See the following guide!
Ingredients for Puerto Rican Creamy Temblequé (Coconut Pudding):
- 1 cup Maizena (Corn starch).
- 1/2 can Coconut milk.
- Mixing in saucepan.
- 3 1/2 can Coconut milk.
- 1 tsp salt.
- 2 tbsp vanilla extract.
- 1 cup granulated sugar.
- 1 Ground cinnamon for garnish (optional).
- 1 Coconut flakes for garnish (optional).
To describe it I would say that is a creamy coconut pudding, topped with cinnamon and delicious. In a saucepan combine milk and cream of coconut,corn starch,vanilla and sugar mix very well. Stir constantly on medium high until mixture. Tembleque is a rich and creamy Puerto Rican coconut pudding dessert that is as fun to make as it is to eat!
Step by step how to cook Puerto Rican Creamy Temblequé (Coconut Pudding):
- Take your 1 cup of Maizena (or Corn starch) using a whisk, mix well with 1/2 can of coconut milk, until disolved. This will prevent any lumps in the process. Put a medium saucepan to medium heat..
- (Using your whisk) Add your 3 1/2 cups of coconut milk, 1 teaspoon of salt, 2 tablespoons of vanilla extract, 1 cup of sugar, and your mixture of Maizena (corn starch)..
- Whisk for 10 to 15 minutes. You should now be getting a creamy thick constistency. Turn off. Put into your mold/s. You can do individual ones or use a big dish. Let cool for 10 minutes then refridgerate for at least 1 hour or more or even overnight. This recipe will make 14 (5 ounce) servings.
- To unmold (upside down) let your dish/cup sit in cold water. Run a butter knife or knife around edges, set flat surface plate or tray on top, hold tightly and flip. Use ground cinnamon and coconut flakes for garnish if you like..
Made from coconut milk, it's also dairy free! The easiest recipe for Puerto Rican tembleque, a creamy and totally vegan coconut pudding served during the holidays. Tembleque recipe - Puerto Rican coconut pudding as silky smooth as custard! The name comes from the Spanish word "to tremble" like the delightful wiggle, jiggle and shake of this dessert. A Puerto Rico native and former food service professional, Hector Rodriguez develops recipes inspired by the Caribbean and Latin America.