Shrimp chowder - It was delicious !!!!! Easy to make and a crowd pleaser !!!. Today I am sharing this Shrimp chowder! A quick and easy dinner that is ready in under 20 minutes! I simmer my rich and creamy shrimp soup in the slow cooker. This light and flavorful chowder is perfect for late spring dinners. Shrimp is a popular choice for any meal of the day: from a shrimp and grits casserole for brunch to grilled shrimp for supper. Season shrimp all over with Cajun seasoning, salt, and pepper. Andrew Zimmern adds depth to his rich seafood chowder by making an easy stock with corn cobs and shrimp shells.
Plenty of cream and butter make this. shrimp chowder recipes. Narrow search to just "shrimp chowder" in the title sorted by quality sort by rating or Advanced search. Maine chowder differs from other New England chowders in that it's often not thickened with flour.
You can cook Shrimp chowder with 10 Ingredients and 4 steps. See the following guide!
Ingredients for Shrimp chowder:
- 1 lb shrimp diced.
- 1 med potato diced.
- 1/2 med onion diced.
- 4 strips bacon cooked & crumbled.
- 1/3 cup butter.
- 4 oz mozzarella diced/ optional.
- 4 oz shredded cheddar.
- 1 qt heavy cream.
- 1/2 tsp salt.
- 1/2 tsp pepper.
The result is a light soup perfectly suited to delicate Maine shrimp. We move further into the new year with another delicious soup, this time with the mother of all chowders. It's like shrimp and corn were made to be together. This shrimp chowder recipe does just that.
Step by step how to cook Shrimp chowder:
- Wash shrimp and remove tail and dice.
- In a 4 QT pot Saute onion in butter in med heat until tender, add shrimp to give it some color(30 seconds) add heavy cream, diced potatoes,salt and pepper and bring to a boil stirring every couple of minutes so the heavy cream won't stick to pot.
- Lower heat to low, add diced mozzarella and simmer until desired consistency, stirring every few minutes..
- Remove from heat and let cool a little. Serve in bowl and top with cheddar and bacon. Enjoy.
Shrimp chowder is the shrimp version of this soup. Chowder probably originated in England or France but made its way to America with early settlers. Here's what you eat when you pick up bushels. Corn chowder is a classic soup bursting with the sweetness of corn. When you add quick-cooking shrimp, corn chowder not only tastes great and feeds the soul, but it is also transformed into a.