Tequila Lime Fish Tacos - It was delicious !!!!! Easy to make and a crowd pleaser !!!. Today I am sharing this Tequila Lime Fish Tacos! A quick and easy dinner that is ready in under 20 minutes! Tequila Lime Fish Tacos. summer / gluten free. The great thing about this recipe is that once you gather all the ingredients for the tacos, you'll conveniently have everything you need to make margaritas to go with them. For the fish marinade: In a large mixing bowl, combine the tequila, cumin, garlic, lime juice and some salt and pepper. Garnish with some crumbled Cotija and hot sauce and serve. These Tequila-Lime Chicken Tacos from Delish.com are the best.
Tequila-lime might sound like a margarita flavor profile, but we love using it in chicken marinades. While the chicken's marinating, prep the fixings: purple cabbage, Cotija, and avocado — or really anything you want. For slaw, whisk up tequila, lime juice, vinegar, honey or agave or sugar, oil, salt, pepper and celery seed.
You can cook Tequila Lime Fish Tacos with 20 Ingredients and 7 steps. See the following guide!
Ingredients for Tequila Lime Fish Tacos:
- 1 medium pot of plain yoghurt.
- 2 jalopeno peppers.
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise.
- 1 tablespoon capers.
- 3 Limes.
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper.
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano.
- 2 teaspoons cumin.
- 10 ml tequila.
- 1 cup plain flour.
- 3 cod loins, or about 1lb of any chunky white fish.
- 1 small red cabbage (grated).
- 1 handful chopped coriander.
- 1/2 sliced red onion.
- 2 tablespoons Mexican style chilli and spice seasoning.
- 8 (8 inch) soft flour or corn tortillas.
- 4 small ripe tomatoes.
- 1 teaspoon salt.
- 1 teaspoon pepper.
- 1/2 cup sunflower oil (for drying the fish).
Assemble tacos with fish, slaw, crema and toppings of choice. Grilled Chili-Lime Fish Tacos with Sour Cream Cabbage Slaw + Mango & Avocado. Catch Of The Day. [tequila-lime Mahi Mahi Tacos W. I can't think of any better way to beat the summer heat than with a bright, zesty serving of fish tacos.
Step by step how to cook Tequila Lime Fish Tacos:
- Marinade the fish: cut the fish into large bit size chunks and put in a deep bowl. Then in a jug add the tequila and the rest of the lime juice, together with the salt and pepper and the cumin..
- Make the sauce: mix the yoghurt, mayo, finely chopped capers, oregano and cayenne pepper and mix well. Finally add 1/3 of the lime juice, or enough until it is slightly runny..
- Grate the cabbage, slice the tomatoes, thinly slice the red onion and chop the coriander and jalopenoes. Put to one side..
- Mix the flour and spices on a large plate, then take the fish and coat it. I find using two forks to toss the fish is easiest. Make sure the fish chunks are separate or they will stick together!.
- Fry the fish until the coating is a nice golden brown..
- Heat the tortillas in a frying pan - just a few seconds each side..
- Assemble the tortillas: add the grated cabbage, then the fish, then the onion, jalopeno and tomato. Finally pour the sauce on and sprinkle the coriander on top..
I start with a marinade using tequila and lime zest, grill the fish to flaky perfection, and then top the tacos with crunch cabbage and some. Apply the Rub liberally over the fish fillets, on both sides. Combine all the crema ingredients in a blender and pulse until it becomes a smooth, thick consistency. I know, but these Grilled Tequila and Lime Fish Tacos are so worth the wait. The fish gets nice and crispy while maintaining the lime and tequila Not into fish tacos?