Cake with meringue buttercream frosting & Fondant flowers - It turned out very good but i think i could have cooked it a little longer.. Today I am sharing this Cake with meringue buttercream frosting & Fondant flowers! A quick and easy dinner that is ready in under 45 minutes! Swiss meringue buttercream can be finicky. It's temperamental and can cause a whole lot of unnecessary stress. The good news is that as long as your meringue was stiff before the Notes. See blog post for tips and troubleshooting. Here at Oakleaf Cakes, we pride ourselves in having some of the most delicious buttercream around: Italian meringue frosting!
The Swiss Meringue Buttercream frosting is lighter in sweetness compared to traditional American buttercream which makes the cake really shine with intense chocolate flavor. Wait until you see the next picture. If you have never tried Swiss Meringue Buttercream, learn how.
You can cook Cake with meringue buttercream frosting & Fondant flowers with 2 Ingredients and 5 steps. See the following guide!
Ingredients for Cake with meringue buttercream frosting & Fondant flowers:
- Meringue buttercream::::1 egg white,2 bars of unsalted butter,1/2cup sugar,1 tsp vanilla essence and water.
- Sunflowers.....Fondant (sugar paste) some tools and flower cutters.
While I frost most of my cakes with American buttercream, sometimes I like to mix things up! One of my resolutions this year was to be more open to different types of frosting, and I've stuck to it! After a bit of trial and error, I feel like I have finally mastered Swiss meringue buttercream frosting (SMBC). This silky, stable frosting smooths beautifully over cake and can take any number of flavorings, from vanilla to chocolate to espresso.
Step by step how to cook Cake with meringue buttercream frosting & Fondant flowers:
- Take a bowl,now pour in 1 egg white then add in sugar and whisk....meanwhile boil water in a vessel in which it can hold the bowl,now whisk egg.
- Now put the bowl above the boiling water,and whisk well till sugar melts and all combined,when done...now whisk it 10 mins continuously till pic 3.
- Now cut butter into small pieces....keep whisk and adding butter till you get this consistency(pic2)now add in vanilla essence and it's ready...can store it for week(remove from fridge and keep it in room temperature).
- I use this frosting many times on my cake....specialy to make beautiful flowers.for Fondant flowers you need some Fondant....
- Flower cutter..ball tool to flatten and give shape to petals and decorate your cake.Please subscribe my #youtube blog Tanvi.s 25 yummy food blog..
Beat until buttercream looks glossy and smooth. Scrape in vanilla seeds (discard pod) or add chocolate or espresso, depending on desired flavor. Swiss meringue buttercream was the first buttercream I learned to make in pastry school and I wish I had a photo of my face when I had my first taste. After trying Swiss meringue buttercream I was totally hooked! I used it as my main frosting for all cakes, cupcakes and wedding cakes in my cake.