Coconut Grilled Shrimp Gumbo - It was delicious !!!!! Easy to make and a crowd pleaser !!!. Today I am sharing this Coconut Grilled Shrimp Gumbo! A quick and easy dinner that is ready in under 20 minutes! Coconut Grilled Shrimp Gumbo #surf I'm all excited about the grilling challenge and have decided on a Sweet Shrimp Gumbo dish! It's easy, fast and full of flavor! Let the grilling begin and good luck to all! James Freeman (Donk) Ozark Mountains Of Missouri U. If using a charcoal grill, let the starter fluid cook off before applying any food.
Coconut Shrimp at Mrs Fish Seafood Grill "Well the fish and chips were decent. The chips are not the English style French fries but actual potato chips. It's easy, fast and full of flavor!
You can cook Coconut Grilled Shrimp Gumbo with 15 Ingredients and 6 steps. See the following guide!
Ingredients for Coconut Grilled Shrimp Gumbo:
- 18 small thin skin stew potatoes.
- 12 corn on the cob (short/shucked).
- 4 cups baby carrots.
- 3 sweet bell peppers (green, yellow and red cut into wedges).
- 2 cups broccoli (chunked).
- 2 red or green apples (wedged).
- 2 lbs large butterfly shrimp.
- 1 cup butter (salted).
- Sweet Coconut Sauce (optional).
- 2 cups powdered sugar.
- 2 Tbsp butter (softened).
- 6 Tbsp malibu coconut flavored rum.
- For Spicey Sweet Coconut Sauce (add ingredients from below).
- 1/2 tsp Cayenne pepper.
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper.
Let the grilling begin and good luck to all! Pour the stock, thyme, coconut milk, lime juice and Scotch bonnet pepper to the pot and raise the heat to high. Bring the pot to a boil and reduce to a simmer. Over a medium-high heat, melt ½ cup of cooking fat.
Step by step how to cook Coconut Grilled Shrimp Gumbo:
- Prepare grill (gas or charcoal) and heat it up. If using a charcoal grill, let the starter fluid cook off before applying any food. Restrict the air flow to allow for a slower cook time. 400° with no flame is ideal.
- In a aluminum cooking pan (9x15) place the butter inside the pan and all other ingredients. Add your favorite Seasoning(s).
- Let grill until all vegetables are tender and had a chance to incorporate that smoky flavor (about a hour and a half.) Stir at every thirty minute mark and maintain as much heat as you can on the grill without adding more charcoal. (gas grills do not apply).
- While Gumbo is grilling. In a medium bowl add powdered sugar, softened butter and Malibu Coconut flavored Rum and mix together until smooth. Set aside. The sweet sauce is a optional choice for the individual taste and should not be added to the main dish unless you want that sweet Coconut flaver. Some folks may like it with only the Seasoning of the individuals choice..
- (OPTIONAL) If you want your Sweet Coconut Sauce Spicey, add Cayenne and Crushed Red Pepper to the mixture..
- You are ready to serve your outstanding Sweet Shrimp Gumbo in various combinations to please all your guests.. Enjoy!.
Whisk in the coconut and almond flour, and stir until you get a nice dark caramel color. Add the shrimp to the mixture, cook for a few minutes, and then set aside. In a big soup pot over a medium high, heat up the coconut oil. When grilling poured some of the extra marinade onto the shrimp the grill almost toasted the coconut which was great. Then served up the last bit of the extra marinade as a dipping sauce was excellent!