Creamy Potato Bacon Soup - Easy to do and Very moist even after warming up leftovers the next day!. Today I am sharing this Creamy Potato Bacon Soup! A quick and easy dinner that is ready in under 35 minutes!
You can cook Creamy Potato Bacon Soup with 11 Ingredients and 6 steps. See the following guide!
Ingredients for Creamy Potato Bacon Soup:
- 2/3 cup butter.
- 2/3 cup flour.
- 4 large potatoes ( I used Yukon Gold).
- 7 cup Milk.
- 8 oz shredded cheddar cheese.
- 12 oz sour cream ( I used an 8oz. container plus half of another 8oz. container).
- 12 oz bacon (fried and crumbled).
- 1 tsp salt.
- 1/2 tsp black pepper.
- 1 1/2 tbsp minced onion.
- 1 tbsp garlic powder.
Step by step how to cook Creamy Potato Bacon Soup:
- Melt butter in a 4 qt pot on med-high. Add flour and mix until smooth. It might be alittle lumpy but that's ok. Gradually add milk stirring constantly..
- While milk mixture is cooking, chop your potatoes into really small pieces. Keep an eye on milk mixture and keep stirring so it doesn't stick..
- When milk mixture has thickened, add potatoes and seasonings; salt, pepper, minced onion and garlic powder..
- Bring to a boil while stirring constantly. Once boiling, turn down heat and simmer 10 minutes. You shouldn't have to stir at all however I like to give it one or two stirs while it simmers just so it won't stick..
- After 10 minutes, turn it back up to med-high, and return to a slight boil stirring just to keep it from sticking and add remaining ingredients; sour cream, bacon and shredded cheese..
- Stir until cheese is melted and serve. Enjoy!.