Easy Filipino Adobo - . Today I am sharing this Easy Filipino Adobo! A quick and easy dinner that is ready in under 40 minutes!
You can cook Easy Filipino Adobo with 10 Ingredients and 7 steps. See the following guide!
Ingredients for Easy Filipino Adobo:
- 1 kg mixed chicken parts, pork or pork ribs (pre-boiled or pre-softened in a pressure cooker).
- 1 cup or can Sprite or 7UP.
- 1 cup soy sauce.
- 1 cup vinegar.
- 1 clove garlic, coarsely chopped.
- 5-10 pieces laurel leaf.
- to taste coarsely ground black pepper.
- 3/4 cup brown sugar.
- cooking oil.
- Feta cheese (optional).
Step by step how to cook Easy Filipino Adobo:
- Marinate the meat, Sprite, soy sauce, vinegar, 3-4 pieces of laurel leaf, and half clove garlic in a bowl for at least 30 minutes. Overnight marinade would be better..
- Put oil in a pan and sauté half clove garlic but do not toast..
- Using a tong or a ladle with strainer, stir in the meat and wait for it to absorb the garlicky flavor, and let the natural oil of the meat ooze out..
- Once oil of the meat has naturally come out, stir in the marinade mixture. If more sauce is preferred, mix in equal parts of vinegar and soy sauce..
- Mix in sugar, pepper, and laurel leaves, and let everything simmer until meat becomes tender..
- Adjust taste with more sugar, pepper, or soy sauce according to the level of sweetness, spice, or saltiness preferred..
- If you like to enjoy a twist to this traditional Filipino dish, put in about two handfuls of feta cheese cubes on the last five minutes of cooking. The taste of feta balances the tangy taste of the adobo..