Jamaican Curry Chicken - It turned out very good but i think i could have cooked it a little longer.. Today I am sharing this Jamaican Curry Chicken! A quick and easy dinner that is ready in under 20 minutes!
You can cook Jamaican Curry Chicken with 14 Ingredients and 10 steps. See the following guide!
Ingredients for Jamaican Curry Chicken:
- 3-4 lbs. Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs (Cut Bite Size).
- 1 Large Yellow Onion (Roughly Chopped).
- 1 Bunch Green Onions (Roughly Chopped).
- 1 1"- 2" Piece of Fresh Ginger (Peeled & Roughly Chopped).
- 4-5 Cloves Garlic (Roughly Chopped).
- 1-2 Scotch Bonnet Peppers (Habanero Peppers Can Be Subbed).
- 1/2 Cup Fresh Cilantro.
- 6-8 Sprigs Fresh Thyme (Pulled Off Stems).
- 1/2 Cup Jamaican Curry Powder.
- 1 lb. Gold Potatoes (Cut into 2" Cubes).
- 4 Cups Chicken Broth.
- 1/4 Cup Olive or Veg Oil.
- 1 tsp. Salt Divided (Or to Taste).
- 1 tsp. Black Pepper (Or to Taste).
Step by step how to cook Jamaican Curry Chicken:
- Add Onion, Green Onions, Ginger, Garlic, 1 Scotch Bonnet Pepper, Thyme, Cilantro, & 1/2 of the Salt to a Food Processor. Pulse Until Well Combined..
- Pour Marinade in a Freezer Bag with the Cut Up Chicken Thighs. Seal and Refrigerate for 1 - 2 Hours. (Overnight is Best).
- In a High Walled Pot, Add Curry Powder, and Toast over Low Heat until Aromatic..
- Add Marinated Chicken to Pot and Mix Well with Curry. Add Rest of Salt, Black Pepper, and Gold Potatoes. Stir..
- Pour Chicken Broth over Chicken and Potatoes..
- Cover and Bring to a Boil. Once Boiling, Turn Down to a Low Simmer. Cook for 25 Minutes..
- Uncover, and Add the Other Chopped Scotch Bonnet or Habanero Pepper if using one. Skip This Step if You Don't Like it Too Spicy..
- Cook Uncovered for Another 30 Minutes or Until the Chicken is Tender and the Sauce is Thickened to Your Liking..
- Serve Alone or With Rice. (I like Jasmine Rice).