Mark's Creamy Potato and Cauliflower Soup - Turned out great! Very moist.. Today I am sharing this Mark's Creamy Potato and Cauliflower Soup! A quick and easy dinner that is ready in under 40 minutes!
You can cook Mark's Creamy Potato and Cauliflower Soup with 12 Ingredients and 5 steps. See the following guide!
Ingredients for Mark's Creamy Potato and Cauliflower Soup:
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil.
- 1/2 lb bacon.
- 1 large onion, chopped.
- black pepper.
- 4 large Yukon gold potatoes or baby red potatoes, skins on, cut into chunks.
- 4 cup chicken broth.
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into florets.
- 3 cup whole milk or half and half.
- 1/2 stick butter.
- dash nutmeg.
- 1 can corn, 15 oz, drain ( opt ).
Step by step how to cook Mark's Creamy Potato and Cauliflower Soup:
- Render bacon in oil slowly in a stockpot to get bacon grease. Add onions. Add salt and pepper. Cook on medium low heat until onions are translucent..
- Add potatoes. Add chicken broth. Bring to boil. Then turn down to a simmer. Cook potatoes till almost done..
- Add cauliflower. Add enough water to barely cover veggies. Bring to a boil and turn down to simmer. Simmer for thirty minutes..
- Add milk. Blend until smooth or desired consistency. We use a boat motor blender (emulsion blender). Add corn. Add nutmeg. Simmer for ten minutes. Add butter..
- You can drizzle some olive oil and cracked black pepper on top when serving..