Mashed potato stuffed portabella - It was delicious !!!!! Easy to make and a crowd pleaser !!!. Today I am sharing this Mashed potato stuffed portabella! A quick and easy dinner that is ready in under 25 minutes! Today, I made sausage and garlic mashed potato stuffed portabella mushroom caps! Also, I roasted some sweet mini peppers. I've been dying to stuff something into a portabella ever since I saw Catherine's lucious-looking Portobellos Stuffed with Lentils, Stilton, & Walnuts last month. I've also been looking for a unique way to serve mashed potatoes, so last night I came up with this idea. Place cooked potatoes into a large bowl.
Add butter, salt, pepper, parmesan, and a splash of milk. Mash and add more milk gradually until the potatoes are the desired texture. Place mashed potatoes in a medium bowl and set aside.
You can cook Mashed potato stuffed portabella with 8 Ingredients and 6 steps. See the following guide!
Ingredients for Mashed potato stuffed portabella:
- 2 portabella caps.
- 2 tbsp olive oil, extra virgin.
- 1 salt and pepper.
- 2 yukon gold potatoes.
- 2 tbsp milk.
- 1 tsp butter.
- 2 tbsp shredded colby jack cheese.
- 1 large egg.
In a fry pan over medium heat, melt butter. Add garlic and onion and cook until softened Stuffed into larger portabella caps, this is more of a fork-and-knife kind of stuffed mushroom recipe, not quite as poppable as a stuffed button mushroom. These Stuffed Mashed Potato Bombs are flavor packed and you are going to love them. We have a video tutorial to show you how.
Step by step how to cook Mashed potato stuffed portabella:
- Peel and cube potatoes, boil until fork tender.
- Drizzle portabella caps with olive oil, salt and pepper on both sides, place in 400° oven for 5 minutes.
- Once potatoes are soft, add in salt, pepper, butter, milk, and cheese, whip with beaters, then allow too cool.
- Once potatoes have cooled slightly add egg, and beat mixture together.
- Fill each portabella cap with the potato mixture, and bake at 400° for 15-20 minutes..
- For a side, add in your favorite fresh veggie, note blanched asparagus in the picture. Serve and enjoy!.
You will love to make these delicious Stuffed Mashed Potato Bombs. They are a flavor sensation that will be a new favorite. Saute onion& red pepper in oil until onions are soft. Add salt& pepper, chives,& mix into the mashed potatoes. I didn't serve mashed potatoes over hot dogs with cheese!