Not your Mama's potato salad! - Turned out great! Very moist.. Today I am sharing this Not your Mama's potato salad!! A quick and easy dinner that is ready in under 15 minutes! Say goodbye to potato salad drenched in mayo. Not Yo Mama's Potato Salad is light and fresh and tossed in in olive oil, vinegar, dijon mustard, and Say goodbye to soggy potato salads drenched in mayonnaise….salads that make you forget you are even eating a potato. My mother always made fantastic potato salad. She would boil the potatoes up the day before. Easy to make, refreshing and probably quite different than anything your mother every made.
Mairlyn moonlights as a ventriloquist while dealing with some ornery spuds and adds a twist to the traditional potato salad. **Recipe Below** New videos. This old-fashioned potato salad recipe doesn't have many ingredients, so it isn't as colorful as many that you find nowadays. But Mama made it the way her mother did, and that's the way I still make it today.
You can cook Not your Mama's potato salad! with 13 Ingredients and 5 steps. See the following guide!
Ingredients for Not your Mama's potato salad!:
- 5 small potatoes (I like yukon gold or red).
- 5 hard boiled eggs.
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced.
- 1/2 red bell pepper, diced.
- 3 slice crispy bacon, diced.
- 1/4 mayonnaise.
- 2 tbsp course ground dijon mustard.
- 1 tsp salt.
- 1 tsp black pepper.
- 1/2 tsp paprika.
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder.
- 1/2 tbsp apple cider vinegar.
I'm not normally a fan of horseradish but my hubby loves it and he considers potato salad one of the main food groups. Drain well and then tip into a large salad bowl. Whisk together the dressing ingredients and pour them over the potatoes and beans. Season with some sea salt and cracked black pepper and.
Step by step how to cook Not your Mama's potato salad!:
- Simmer potatoes on medium heat. Cook for about 20 min or so. (The skins are left on so it is a long cook time, but it keeps you from having soggy potatoes.).
- Halve eggs and remove the yolks, set yolks aside in a large mixing bowl. Dice the whites and set aside..
- Add the mayonnaise, mustard, salt, pepper, paprika, garlic, and vinegar to the bowl with the yolks and mix until smooth..
- Once the potatoes are done let them cool a bit and give them a large dice (I leave the skins on). Add to the mayo mix and let cool in the fridge..
- Once the potatoes are cooled add the egg, onion, bacon and peppers. Now its ready to eat!.
Add the scallions, roasted red pepper, tomatoes and pasta, and toss the salad to coat evenly. Came up with this on the spot, I don't like a lot of what goes into traditional potato salad. And it has the benefit of not being over dressed like store bought. Best Potatoes for Southern Potato Salad. I am sure that you have seen many types of this favorite salad.