Plantain Pradhaman (payasam) - Easy to do and Very moist even after warming up leftovers the next day!. Today I am sharing this Plantain Pradhaman (payasam)! A quick and easy dinner that is ready in under 25 minutes!
You can cook Plantain Pradhaman (payasam) with 8 Ingredients and 5 steps. See the following guide!
Ingredients for Plantain Pradhaman (payasam):
- 2 cups plantains Ripe smashed-2 cups.
- 200 gms Ada.
- 500 gms molasses.
- 4 cups coconut grated.
- 50 gms cashews.
- 50 gms kismis.
- 1 tbsp ginger cardamom , powdered.
- 1/4 cup ghee.
Step by step how to cook Plantain Pradhaman (payasam):
- Cook the ada in water adding a tsp of ghee and strain out and keep aside..
- Dissolve the molasses in boiling water,filter and keep aside..
- Saute the smashed plantains with a spoon full of ghee and a cup of molasses,till it is cooked soft. Extract milk from the coconut adding hot water or crushing.There should be 2 cups of first extract and 2 cups of second extract..
- Fry the cashews and kismis in balance ghee and keep aside.
- Boil the molasses,add the cooked ada and continue stirring for15 minutes till the ada is well blended with the molasses.Add the plantains cooked as above continue stirring. Add the second extract of coconut milk.Continue stirring,till everything is blended.Add the fried cashews and kismis along with the ghee used for frying. Add the final extract of milk,followed by the powdered spices.Mix well. Boil for a few more minutes. Take off from the stove.Yummy payasam is ready.Serve hot or cold..