Pork in shrimp paste and coconut - It was delicious !!!!! Easy to make and a crowd pleaser !!!. Today I am sharing this Pork in shrimp paste and coconut! A quick and easy dinner that is ready in under 40 minutes! I've tasted many versions of this dish. Some too salty, some cooked with vinegar or coconut cream, and some without a hint of those. How to cook Pork Binagoongan sa Gata. Place cubed liempo in a stockpot. Dry shrimp & pork Snake beans & eggs Mango & rice Shrimp paste & palm sugar Fried the eggs Fried the shrimp until crispy Fried the pork with Saute onion and garlic Add meat, till it tirns brown Add shrimp paste Add coconut milk mix Add chillis Adjust seasoning with salt to taste Serve with rice.
These crispy shrimp are rolled in a coconut beer batter before frying. For dipping sauce, I use orange marmalade, mustard and horseradish mixed to taste. Dip in egg/beer batter; allow excess to drip off.
You can cook Pork in shrimp paste and coconut with 10 Ingredients and 4 steps. See the following guide!
Ingredients for Pork in shrimp paste and coconut:
- 4 boneless centre-cut pork chops, about 3/4 in. thick.
- 1 shallot, chopped.
- 2 cups water.
- 2 tbsp rice wine vinegar or apple cider vinegar.
- 2 bay leaves.
- 6 cloves garlic, sliced.
- 1/2 can coconut milk (about 5 oz.).
- 1 large handful cherry tomatoes, halved.
- 1 jalapeno or Serrano pepper, chopped.
- 1 tbsp shrimp paste (I used Barrio Fiesta brand sweet bagoong).
Roll shrimp in coconut, and place on a baking sheet lined with wax paper. Stir in the shallots, coconut milk, pork, shrimp, sugar, tamarind, and salt and adjust the heat to maintain a gentle boil. Cook, breaking up the pork and shrimp with the blunt end of a wooden spatula into fine. The Best Chinese Shrimp Paste Recipes on Yummly
Step by step how to cook Pork in shrimp paste and coconut:
- Season the chops with salt and pepper. Sear them in a hot pan on medium-high heat for 3 minutes per side, then remove them to a plate..
- Add the shallots to the pan and sweat them for 1 minute..
- Add the water, vinegar, and bay leaves to the pan and use a wooden spoon to scrape up any bits from the bottom. Once the liquid comes to a simmer, add the garlic. Continue simmering until reduced by about half..
- Stir the coconut milk and bagoong into the pan and bring to a simmer. Return the chops and any juices to the pan. Add the tomatoes and pepper. Let simmer 1 minute. Serve atop plain steamed rice..
Lemongrass-coconut Noodles With Spicy Chinese Meatballs, Yellow Curry Paste, Deep-fried Shrimp Balls. Pork Binagoongan is translated as pork cooked in shrimp paste. Stir and allow to boil once more. Cover and cook in low to medium heat until the pork gets tender. Coconut Shrimp are crisp on the outside with succulent juicy shrimp inside.