Scratch made Chicken Noodle Soup - Turned out great! Very moist.. Today I am sharing this Scratch made Chicken Noodle Soup! A quick and easy dinner that is ready in under 30 minutes!
You can cook Scratch made Chicken Noodle Soup with 15 Ingredients and 4 steps. See the following guide!
Ingredients for Scratch made Chicken Noodle Soup:
- 2 each chicken legs and thighs, skin on, bone in.
- 1 celery stalk, with leaves, cut in half.
- 1 carrot, unpeeled, cut in half.
- 1/2 large onion cut into wedges.
- 1-2 springs parsley.
- 4 1/2 cups water, boxed chicken stock, or any combination.
- For the soup:.
- 6 cups chicken broth from stock pot.
- 1 cup peeled sliced carrot.
- 1 cup sliced celery.
- 1/4 cup diced onion.
- 8 whole allspice berries.
- Diced, cooked chicken.
- 1 1/2 cups wide egg noodles.
- to taste Salt and pepper.
Step by step how to cook Scratch made Chicken Noodle Soup:
- To make the stock: in a stock pot, place chicken, celery, carrot, onion, parsley and broth, water, or a combination of the two, to equal 4 1/2 cups. Bring to a boil, uncovered, reduce heat to simmer and cover. Simmer for 45 to 50 minutes..
- Remove chicken from pot to cool. Strain and measure the broth, adding water to equal 6 cups. Wipe out stock pot..
- In the stock pot, add the stock sliced carrots and celery, onion, salt and allspice. Bring to a boil, uncovered. Cover and reduce to simmer. Simmer for 15 minutes.
- Uncover add noodles and chicken. Bring to a boil, and boil until noodles are tender, 7 to 10 minutes. Adjust seasoning..