Shrimp macaroni and cheese - It turned out very good but i think i could have cooked it a little longer.. Today I am sharing this Shrimp macaroni and cheese! A quick and easy dinner that is ready in under 45 minutes! Shrimp Macaroni and Cheese is rich and crazy creamy loaded with juicy, cajun shrimp and buttery panko topping. It's super easy to make but tastes like you're dining at the finest restaurant! How do you make America's favorite Macaroni and Cheese even better?! In this video, I show you how I like to put a Cajun twist on homemade Macaroni and Cheese! Links to recipes and items are below in the Show More section or.
Stir in cooked shrimp and pasta. Mac and cheese goes upscale in this deliciously cheesy variation. The shrimp gives a unique twist to this popular standard.
You can cook Shrimp macaroni and cheese with 19 Ingredients and 7 steps. See the following guide!
Ingredients for Shrimp macaroni and cheese:
- 1 lb uncooked shrimp, peeled and deveined.
- 1 tablespoon butter.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil.
- Macaroni and cheese.
- 1 lb cellentani pasta.
- 4 tablespoons butter.
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour.
- 3 cups milk.
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch.
- 1 tablespoon onion powder.
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder.
- 1 tablespoon parsley flakes.
- 1/2 teaspoon salt.
- 2 cups grated extra sharp cheddar cheese.
- 2 cups grated Monterrey jack cheese.
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese.
- 3/4 cup Panko breadcrumbs.
- 3 tablespoons melted butter.
Drain macaroni; transfer to another bowl. I thought that spicy shrimp would be the perfect pairing for a creamy mac and cheese dish; turns out, I was right! Indulge in this decadent shrimp and lobster mac and cheese made with a rich, buttery roux and cream sauce and oniony cracker topping. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil.
Step by step how to cook Shrimp macaroni and cheese:
- Cook pasta according to package directions, strain, rinse in cold water, and set aside..
- Melt 1 tablespoon butter with 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large (oven proof) iron skillet on medium-high heat. Add shrimp in an even layer and cook 2-3 minutes, flip over, and continue to cook 2-3 minutes or until cooked through. Remove shrimp to a cutting board. When cool enough to handle, cut into halves. Set aside..
- While shrimp are cooking, preheat oven to 350..
- Keep the drippings in the skillet and melt 4 tablespoons butter over medium heat, then whisk in the flour. Cook, while stirring for 2 minutes. Turn heat to low then gradually whisk in milk. Whisk in cornstarch and remaining seasoning..
- Simmer, whisking constantly until thickened (but not overly thick). Whisk in cheddar, then Monterrey jack. Add shrimp and pasta and stir until evenly coated..
- Spread pasta into an even layer and top with Parmesan. Whisk Panko with melted butter and evenly sprinkle on top. Bake 15-20 minutes or until hot and bubbly. Turn oven to broil to toast Panko for 3-5 minutes, watching closely so it doesn’t burn..
- Let stand 5 minutes before serving..
When the shrimp comes out of the oven, toss it on top of the creamy macaroni & cheese, and sprinkle generously with some chopped green onions. Snip the ends off of fresh green beans. View top rated Cajun macaroni and cheese with shrimp recipes with ratings and reviews. Macaroni and cheese—also called mac 'n' cheese in the US, macaroni cheese in the United Kingdom—is a dish of cooked macaroni pasta and a cheese sauce, most commonly cheddar. Prepare Macaroni and Cheese per package directions.