Sugomori Tamago (Nested Cabbage) - Turned out great! Very moist.. Today I am sharing this Sugomori Tamago (Nested Cabbage)! A quick and easy dinner that is ready in under 45 minutes!
You can cook Sugomori Tamago (Nested Cabbage) with 8 Ingredients and 8 steps. See the following guide!
Ingredients for Sugomori Tamago (Nested Cabbage):
- 2 leaves/1 cup green cabbage.
- 1 large egg.
- 1-2 sausage links of choice (I use chicken) or 1/3 cup black beans.
- olive oil (or cooking oil with high smoke point).
- white pepper.
- black pepper.
- a few tomato slices/tomato cherubs.
Step by step how to cook Sugomori Tamago (Nested Cabbage):
- Take two leaves of a green cabbage. Chop into thin slices..
- Take a pan and heat up on med. high heat for a minute or two. Add a couple of drops of olive oil and add in the cabbage..
- Stir fry the cabbage for a minute. Add a drizzle of olive oil and then salt and add white pepper to your taste. Stir fry for a couple of minute or to your liking..
- Push the cabbage to the edges of your pan, in a circle shape, like a nest..
- Cook the egg in the middle of the cabbage nest as you like. I scramble mine and pour it in; you can crack yours straight in. Season your egg as you like, or with black pepper and a little salt..
- After adding the egg, put a lid onto your pan and steam for a minute or two if you can. Add some drops of water if necessary..
- Using a spatula, take your nest out. Don't turn your heat off yet - put a few more drops of olive oil in and cook your sausage. Pre-cooked sausages should only take a minute to heat up. If you're vegan or just limit your meat intake, try heating up a third of a cup of black beans or so instead. Add this onto your plate..
- Turn off your heat. Slice up your tomato cherubs or tomato slices to add on. Feel free to try something different to add on. Enjoy (^-^) !.