Sweet Porkchops and Savory Potato "Fries" - Turned out great! Very moist.. Today I am sharing this Sweet Porkchops and Savory Potato "Fries"! A quick and easy dinner that is ready in under 35 minutes!
You can cook Sweet Porkchops and Savory Potato "Fries" with 16 Ingredients and 6 steps. See the following guide!
Ingredients for Sweet Porkchops and Savory Potato "Fries":
- For Porkchops:.
- Thin sliced Pork Chops.
- 2 tablespoons honey.
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar.
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice.
- 1 teaspoon Minced Garlic or powder/salt.
- 1 tablespoon ground white pepper.
- 1 tablespoon mustard powder.
- 1 tablespoon ground red pepper.
- For the Potatoes:.
- 4 medium potatoes or 2 large ones (Yukon gold are my favorite but any will work).
- 1 teaspoon Minced Garlic.
- Olive Oil.
- Ground Cumin.
- ground Pepper.
Step by step how to cook Sweet Porkchops and Savory Potato "Fries":
- In a ziploc bag large enough to hold all of your porkchops, add Honey, Lemon juice and red wine vinegar and mix together until it is a consistent liquid. Add your porkchop seasonings, mix again, then add your porkchops. Squeeze out as much air as possible and let your porkchops marinate overnight..
- Cover a baking sheet with aluminum foil, spray it down with cooking spray and arrange your porkchops ontop. Pour some of the leftover marinade on each porkchop (dispose of most of it) and cover with another sheet of foil. Bake on 300 degrees for 30-40 minutes making sure to flip the porkchops halfway through..
- While porkchops are cooking, peel your potatoes and puncture them multiple times with a fork. Place the Potatoes on a microwave safe dish, cover with plastic wrap and microwave on high for 5-8 minutes..
- After the Potatoes have become somewhat soft, slice them up into evenly thick slices and add to a stovetop skillet with oil. Throw in your Minced garlic and mix. Then add your paproka, cumin and other seasonings to the Potatoes and mix again..
- Potatoes should be cooked on medium high heat in the skillet for about 5 minutes per side (or until the side touching the pan becomes crispy, then flip them over). Cook until potatoes are the desired crispness and let them settle..
- Remove porkchops from the oven, keeping the top layer of foil on for 5-10 minutes while it rests to insure porkchops do not dry out. Serve your porkchops and potatoes after they have cooled a bit and enjoy..