'Dulce de Leche' ricotta cheesecake with caramelized hazelnuts - It was delicious !!!!! Easy to make and a crowd pleaser !!!. Today I am sharing this 'Dulce de Leche' ricotta cheesecake with caramelized hazelnuts! A quick and easy dinner that is ready in under 35 minutes!
You can cook 'Dulce de Leche' ricotta cheesecake with caramelized hazelnuts with 12 Ingredients and 10 steps. See the following guide!
Ingredients for 'Dulce de Leche' ricotta cheesecake with caramelized hazelnuts:
- 2 cup Graham crackers' crumbs.
- 1/4 cup melted butter.
- 1 can 14 oz Sweetened condensed milk.
- 1 lb ricotta cheese.
- 1 cup plain yoghurt.
- 3 large eggs.
- 1 tsp vanilla extract.
- 1 pinch salt.
- 1/2 cup chopped hazelnuts.
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar.
Step by step how to cook 'Dulce de Leche' ricotta cheesecake with caramelized hazelnuts:
- First, turn the sweetened condensed milk into Dulce de Leche through the boiling method indicated below. You may do this days in advance and have it stored. (You may also prepare your own or have it store bought.).
- Preheat the oven at 200ºC/ 400ºF. Prepare the crust. Mix the crumbs with melted butter and press firmly in an 8-inch (20 cm) springform pan, which has been lined with aluminium foil or baking paper. Bake for 5-10 minutes until it turns nice golden brown. Remove from oven and DECREASE THE OVEN TEMP TO 150ºC/ 300º F..
- Next beat the yoghurt and ricotta cheese for a few minutes until smooth and creamy..
- Then add the Dulce de Leche and beat until well incorporated..
- Next add the eggs one at a time. Last add the vanilla extract and the pinch of salt. Pour the mixture into the cooled crust. Place in the oven for 50-60 minutes. By the time the cheesecake is done, it should have risen around the edges and be a bit runny in the middle..
- I leave the cheesecake to cool inside the oven with the door ajar for about an hour. It will deflate into a smooth surface..
- While the cheesecake cools prepare the topping. Chop the hazelnuts (you may substitute with pecans or macadamia nuts if you prefer.).
- Place the sugar in a small pan in medium heat. Watch it caramelize and don't let it burn. Once caramelized, throw the hazelnuts quickly and with a spoon try to cover all with the caramel before it hardens. Next transfer into a plate and let them cool..
- Before placing the cheesecake in the fridge, take the caramelized hazelnuts, crumble them and place on top of the cheesecake. Best to let it set overnight or until it has chilled..
- I know that it may look like a lot of work but the end result is so tasty and creamy that it's worth it. Hope you enjoy!.