Birthday Doughnuts - Turned out great! Very moist.. Today I am sharing this Birthday Doughnuts! A quick and easy dinner that is ready in under 35 minutes!
You can cook Birthday Doughnuts with 15 Ingredients and 9 steps. See the following guide!
Ingredients for Birthday Doughnuts:
- For the dough.
- 7 grams active dry yeast.
- 450 grams strong flour/manitoba flour.
- 240 ml milk.
- 60 grams butter.
- 3 egg yolks.
- 35 grams sugar.
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon.
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg.
- 180 grams powdered sugar.
- 3 tbsp milk.
- 25 grams unsweetened cocoa powder.
- 2 tbsp warm water.
- frying oil.
Step by step how to cook Birthday Doughnuts:
- Dissolve yeast in 2 tablespoon of warm water and let it rest for 5 minutes.
- Mix all the rest of the ingredients for the dough, then add the yeast.
- Form the dough into a ball, put it in a greased bowl, cover and let it rise for 90 minutes.
- Roll the dough out and cut it with a pastry cutter to form 8cm donuts (use a smaller pastry cutter to form the hole). You can use upsidedown glasses too, if you don't have pastry cutters.
- Make the donuts rest and rise for another 40 minutes.
- Fry two donuts at a time, for ~3 minutes, oil shouldn't be too hot (180°).
- Pat the donuts dry with paper towels and let them cool down.
- Prepare the icing mixing milk and powdered sugar (add cocoa powder for the chocolate one or food coloring for different colors).
- Dip one side of the donuts into icing, (you can add other decorations as chocolate letters or other decorations) and let them dry.