Braised Adobo Chicken - It was delicious !!!!! Easy to make and a crowd pleaser !!!. Today I am sharing this Braised Adobo Chicken! A quick and easy dinner that is ready in under 15 minutes!
You can cook Braised Adobo Chicken with 23 Ingredients and 7 steps. See the following guide!
Ingredients for Braised Adobo Chicken:
- 6 each chicken thighs-(I find thighs stay moist and do not dry out).
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt.
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper.
- 2 teaspoons cumin.
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika.
- 1 teaspoon oregano.
- 1 ounce olive oil.
- 2 ounces oil.
- 1 small sweet onion -- diced.
- 1/2 each red bell pepper -- diced.
- 1/2 each green bell pepper -- diced.
- 1 stalk celery -- diced.
- 6 cloves garlic -- chopped.
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar.
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin.
- 1/2 teaspoon orgeano.
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme.
- 2 cups tomatoes- drained.
- 2 cup chicken stock.
- 4 ounces tomato paste.
- 3 ounces chilies in adobo- purreed.
- 1 cup corn.
- 2 scallions chopped for garnish :).
Step by step how to cook Braised Adobo Chicken:
- Season the chicken with the first five seasoning and the 1 ounce of olive oil and let sit for 30 minutes..
- Add the 2 ounces of olive oil to a large hot saute pan and brown the chicken thighs. (do not burn ;).
- Pull the chicken out and set aside in the same pan add the onions,peppers,celery,garlic and the 1 teaspoon of kosher salt and saute for 4 minutes..
- Add the remaining ingredients and bring to a simmer. Then place the chicken thighs in the sauce and simmer covered for 25 minutes. Stir occasionally so as not to burn. Should be lightly bubbling..
- With a soap spoon you can skim off any undesired excess fat that come to the top..
- Note - If the sauce is getting to thick you can add additional chicken stock. This can happen if the simmering temperature is to high..
- We served over rice.