Chicken Tinola - It was delicious !!!!! Easy to make and a crowd pleaser !!!. Today I am sharing this Chicken Tinola! A quick and easy dinner that is ready in under 15 minutes!
You can cook Chicken Tinola with 11 Ingredients and 3 steps. See the following guide!
Ingredients for Chicken Tinola:
- 1/2 k chicken (with bones) chopped.
- 2 cups dahon ng sili/chili leaves or malunggay.
- 2 chayote peeled and sliced or 2 unripe green papaya wedges.
- 8 cups water.
- 4 cloves garlic minced.
- 1 medium sized onion diced.
- 1 garlic peeled and julienned.
- 1 chicken broth cube.
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce.
- Cooking oil.
- to taste Salt and pepper.
Step by step how to cook Chicken Tinola:
- Saute ginger in oil for about 2 minutes. Add garlic and onions. Cook until garlic is golden brown and onions are translucent. Set aside. Using the same pan cook chicken for about 10 minutes until sides have slightly browned. (I like my chicken cooked in oil and slightly browned, although you don't need to do this as we will still cook the chicken in boiling water)..
- In a pot with water and medium heat/fire, transfer sauteed garlic, onion, ginger, slightly browned chicken, and add chayote or green papaya. Bring to a boil. Add chicken broth cube, fish sauce, salt and pepper. Cook for 20-30 minutes or until chicken is done and chayote or papaya is tender..
- Turn heat to low and add dahon ng sili/chili tops or malunggay leaves. Simmer for 2 minutes and turn off heat. Serve with steamed rice and enjoy!.