Chilli and Orange Duck - . Today I am sharing this Chilli and Orange Duck! A quick and easy dinner that is ready in under 40 minutes!
You can cook Chilli and Orange Duck with 19 Ingredients and 7 steps. See the following guide!
Ingredients for Chilli and Orange Duck:
- 3 strips of orange rind.
- 2 kg whole duck.
- 2 sprigs of fresh mint.
- 2 clove of garlic.
- 60 ml orange juice.
- 3 tsp plain flour.
- 180 ml chicken stock.
- 2 medium oranges, peeled and cut into segments.
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh mint.
- 80 ml orange juice (extra).
- Chilli Paste.
- 2 clove garlic, crushed.
- 2 tbsp paprika.
- 2 tsp chilli pepper.
- 3 tsp ground cumin.
- 2 tsp ground coriander.
- 2 tsp achiote paste.
- 2 tbsp tequila.
- 2 tbsp orange juice.
Step by step how to cook Chilli and Orange Duck:
- Preheat oven to 200'c.
- Prick duck all over with fork. Place rind, mint and garlic inside duck. Place duck on wire rack in baking dish. Bake uncovered for 30 minutes..
- Pour fat from dish. Rub duck all over with chilli paste, reduce heat to 180'c, and bake uncovered for a further 50 minutes, or until duck is tender. Brush occasionally with orange juice. Cover duck with foil if over-browning..
- Remove duck from dish. Keep warm..
- Pour 80ml of juice from inside duck into jug..
- Stir flour with sufficient duck fat over heat in saucepan until lightly browned. Slowly stir in combined reserved duck juices, extra orange juice and chicken stock. Stir over heat until sauce boils and thickens..
- Stir in orange segments and mint and remove from heat. Serve sauce with duck..