Creamy Cajun Red Beans - It was delicious !!!!! Easy to make and a crowd pleaser !!!. Today I am sharing this Creamy Cajun Red Beans! A quick and easy dinner that is ready in under 15 minutes!
You can cook Creamy Cajun Red Beans with 20 Ingredients and 9 steps. See the following guide!
Ingredients for Creamy Cajun Red Beans:
- Olive oil.
- 1 lb dry small red beans (not kidney).
- 1 lb smoked sausage.
- 1 lb smoked ham.
- 2 green bell peppers.
- 1 large onion.
- 4 stalks celery.
- 2 cloves garlic.
- 1/2 stick butter.
- 3 chicken bouillon cubes.
- 1 Tblsp garlic powder.
- 1 Tblsp Cajun seasoning.
- 1 tsp thyme.
- 4 bay leaves.
- 1 tsp fresh parsely.
- Few dashes of Worcestershire.
- Pinch sugar.
- Cooked rice (your choice).
- Green onions chopped.
Step by step how to cook Creamy Cajun Red Beans:
- Sort out and soak the red beans the night before.
- Cut up all your meats and veggies and start browning the sausage in a pot with just a bit of olive oil.
- Add the peppers, celery, onion and garlic on top of the sausage and stir to combine. Next add the butter and stir till melted.
- Add the ham and keep stirring.
- Add the red beans and enough water just to cover everything and bring to a boil.
- Then add the garlic powder, Cajun seasoning, thyme, 4 bay leaves, pinch of sugar and Worcestershire.
- After an hour add fresh parsely.
- Cook for 2 and 1/2 to 3 hours on LO barely a simmer stirring occasionally and mashing some beans on the side of the pot for more creaminess (do this towards the end) It makes a paste.
- Serve over rice and garnish with the green onions on top 😋😋😋 this time I used yellow rice but use any kind you like ENJOY 😊.