Creamy Chicken and Rice - Easy to do and Very moist even after warming up leftovers the next day!. Today I am sharing this Creamy Chicken and Rice! A quick and easy dinner that is ready in under 15 minutes!
You can cook Creamy Chicken and Rice with 15 Ingredients and 3 steps. See the following guide!
Ingredients for Creamy Chicken and Rice:
- 2 tbsp. salted butter, divided.
- 1 tbsp. olive oil.
- 1 large carrot, peeled and diced.
- 1 stalk celery, diced.
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced.
- 3 cloves garlic, minced.
- 2 cups cooked shredded or chopped chicken.
- 1/2 tsp. each salt, pepper, poultry seasoning.
- 1/4 tsp. each paprika, ground mustard.
- 1/8 tsp. ground coriander.
- 3/4 cup long grain rice.
- 1 3/4 cups unsalted chicken broth.
- 3/4 cup frozen peas.
- 1/4 cup freshly shredded white cheddar cheese.
- 1/4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese + additional for topping.
Step by step how to cook Creamy Chicken and Rice:
- Add 1 tbsp of butter and the olive oil to a large pot with a tight fitting lid. Once it's all melted and hot, add the onion, celery and carrot with a pinch of salt. Stir often and cook until everything has had a chance to soften, about 5-7 minutes. Then add the garlic and cook until just fragrant, another minute or two more..
- Increase the heat to med-high and stir in the rice and seasonings. Let it cook, stirring often, for about 2 or so minutes to toast up the rice. Then stir in the broth and the chicken and give it all a good stir. Once it starts to come to a boil, cover it with the lid and reduce the heat to low. Cook for a total of 11-14 minutes, until the liquid has all absorbed and the rice is tender... In the last 3 or so minutes of cook time, stir in the peas..
- Remove the pot from the heat and immediately stir in the additional 1 tbsp of butter and both of the cheeses until everything is melted and incorporated in. Then serve, topped with a little extra freshly grated parmesan cheese..