Filipino Chicken Adobo - . Today I am sharing this Filipino Chicken Adobo! A quick and easy dinner that is ready in under 40 minutes!
You can cook Filipino Chicken Adobo with 10 Ingredients and 4 steps. See the following guide!
Ingredients for Filipino Chicken Adobo:
- 1 kilo chicken cut into pieces.
- 1 head garlic 4-5 garlic cloves crushed and the remaining minced.
- 2 tablespoons oil.
- 4 pieces bay leaves.
- 1/2 tablespoon peppercorn.
- 1/2 cup white vinegar (sugar cane or balsamic goes well too).
- 1 cup soy sauce.
- 1/4 cup water.
- 1/2 tablespoon sugar.
- Optional: peeled hard-boiled eggs and/or potatoes cut in quarter.
Step by step how to cook Filipino Chicken Adobo:
- Marinate chicken in soy sauce and vinegar with the crushed garlic for at least 2 hours or even overnight. The longer the chicken stays in the marinade, the tastier and flavorful it becomes..
- Heat oil in pan and cook remaining minced garlic until light golden brown. Set aside toasted garlic as toppings later. Remove chicken from the marinade (keep marinade sauce) and pan fry chicken in the same oil as the garlic for about 3-5 minutes per side or until it browns a little. Don't worry about having to cook chicken through just yet, as you will still let it stew later..
- Put back marinade sauce from earlier and add water, sugar, peppercorn, and bay leaves. Add optional potatoes and peeled hard-boiled eggs. Let it simmer for about 20-30 minutes. You will know chicken is cooked once it is fork tender is starting to release oil. I like my adobo on the drier side so I let the it simmer until the sauce thickens and mostly evaporated..
- Serve with white rice topped with toasted garlic and enjoy!.