Filipino Street Style Pork Siomai (SHO-my) - . Today I am sharing this Filipino Street Style Pork Siomai (SHO-my)! A quick and easy dinner that is ready in under 15 minutes!
You can cook Filipino Street Style Pork Siomai (SHO-my) with 12 Ingredients and 5 steps. See the following guide!
Ingredients for Filipino Street Style Pork Siomai (SHO-my):
- 1 lb ground pork.
- 1 medium carrot, minced.
- 1 small onion, minced.
- 5 cloves garlic, minced.
- 3 stalks green onion, sliced thinly.
- 1/2 tsp salt.
- 1/2 tsp garlic.
- 1 1/2 Tbsp sesame oil.
- 1 Tbsp oyster sauce.
- 36 pcs thin wanton wrappers.
- Soy sauce.
Step by step how to cook Filipino Street Style Pork Siomai (SHO-my):
- Mix all ingredients, except wanton wrappers, in a bowl. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour to let the flavor set in..
- When ready to cook, heat enough water in a pot. Then make sure to brush surface of steamer with a bit of oil or butter to prevent siomai from sticking to it..
- Wrap the siomai: Hold a wrapper flat on one palm and scoop 1 Tbsp of siomai filling with the other hand, placing it on the middle of the wrapper. Fold the sides to cover the filling well..
- Arrange the wrapped siomai on the buttered/oiled steamer and steam on the boiling pot of water for 18 minutes. (My steamer was kind of small and I was able to steam only 12-14 pieces at a time... so I steamed 3 batches in total.).
- After 18 minutes, siomai is ready to enjoy with lemon juice and soysauce for dipping..