Fried Udon Noodles With Shrimp and Spicy Peanut Sauce - . Today I am sharing this Fried Udon Noodles With Shrimp and Spicy Peanut Sauce! A quick and easy dinner that is ready in under 15 minutes!
You can cook Fried Udon Noodles With Shrimp and Spicy Peanut Sauce with 14 Ingredients and 3 steps. See the following guide!
Ingredients for Fried Udon Noodles With Shrimp and Spicy Peanut Sauce:
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar.
- 1 cup natural peanut butter.
- 1 -inch chunk fresh ginger.
- 1/4 cup water.
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce.
- 1 clove garlic.
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper.
- to taste Hot sauce,.
- 4 tablespoons sesame oil, divided.
- 1 large yellow onion, thinly sliced.
- 2 large red bell peppers, cored and thinly sliced.
- 8 -ounce package udon noodles.
- 1 pound shelled raw shrimp, patted dry (frozen will also do).
- 1/2 cup chopped peanuts.
Step by step how to cook Fried Udon Noodles With Shrimp and Spicy Peanut Sauce:
- Bring a large saucepan of salted water to a boil. While the water heats, in a blender combine the peanut butter, ginger, vinegar, soy sauce, water, garlic and black pepper. Blend until smooth. The peanut sauce should be thick, but pourable. If the sauce is too thick, add a couple tablespoons of additional water and blend again. Taste, then add hot sauce to your desired heat preference, blending again. Set aside..
- In a large skillet over medium-high, heat 2 tablespoons of the oil. Add the onion and peppers, then cook until just tender, about 5 minutes. Transfer to a plate and set aside. Reserve the skillet. Add the udon noodles to the boiling water and cook for 2 minutes, or until just barely cooked. The noodles should still be a bit firm. While the noodles cook, return the skillet to medium-high heat and add the remaining 2 tablespoons of sesame oil. Drain the noodles well and add them to the hot skillet.
- Add the shrimp to the skillet and continue to cook, stirring constantly, until the shrimp are just pink, about 5 minutes. Return the onion and peppers to the skillet and toss until heated. Remove the skillet from the heat, then pour in a liberal amount of peanut sauce (use as much or as little as you prefer), using tongs to toss the ingredients until well coated. Top with the peanuts and serve..