Harry Potter Themed Chocolate Cake - It turned out very good but i think i could have cooked it a little longer.. Today I am sharing this Harry Potter Themed Chocolate Cake! A quick and easy dinner that is ready in under 35 minutes! Chocolate cake is a cake flavoured with melted chocolate or cocoa powder. Arabella Figg once gave Harry Potter a piece of chocolate cake that tasted like she had it for several years. A quick slideshow of how I made a Harry Potter themed open book birthday cake and chocolate wands. The cauldron cakes at the The Wizarding World of Harry Potter just got a whole lot more magical. The theme park has switched out the colorless original - made of chocolate cake filled with chocolate mousse, dipped in ganache and topped with a ganache handle - for something altogether.
From Hogwarts to Hedwig, these cakes have got virtually everything in the Harry Potter universe covered. It's pretty difficult to believe that these were baked without the use of magic. I just want a pink cake that says "Happee Birthdae Anastasia" in green.
You can cook Harry Potter Themed Chocolate Cake with 13 Ingredients and 6 steps. See the following guide!
Ingredients for Harry Potter Themed Chocolate Cake:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour.
- 2 cups sugar.
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder.
- 2 tsp baking powder.
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda.
- 1 tsp salt.
- 1 tsp espresso powder.
- 1 cup milk, buttermilk, almond, or coconut milk.
- 1/2 cup vegetable, canola oil, or melted coconut oil.
- 2 large eggs.
- 2 tsp vanilla extract.
- 1 cup boiling water.
- Chocolate Buttercream Frosting Recipe.
My favorite kind of squidgy chocolate cake has got to be a devil's food cake — with a dense, moist crumb and masses of intense chocolate flavor in every bite! The real magic of the Harry Potter universe is that eating books is a viable way to teach yourself the material within them. Harry Potter themed layer cake with fluffy vanilla buttercream frosting! A fun birthday or celebration cake for any Harry Potter fan!
Step by step how to cook Harry Potter Themed Chocolate Cake:
- Preheat oven to 350º F. Prepare two 9-inch cake pans by spraying with baking spray or buttering and lightly flouring..
- Add flour, sugar, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda, salt and espresso powder to a large bowl or the bowl of a stand mixer. Whisk through to combine or, using your paddle attachment, stir through flour mixture until combined well..
- Add milk, vegetable oil, eggs, and vanilla to flour mixture and mix together on medium speed until well combined. Reduce speed and carefully add boiling water to the cake batter until well combined..
- Distribute cake batter evenly between the two prepared cake pans. Bake for 30-35 minutes, until a toothpick or cake tester inserted in the center of the chocolate cake comes out clean..
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for about 10 minutes, remove from the pan and cool completely..
- Frost cake with Chocolate Buttercream Frosting..
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cake with cocoa buttercream, chocolate jimmies, and a chocolate ganache drip. Which is why a Harry-Potter-themed baby shower is right up your Diagon Alley … (see what we did there?). Good luck breaking up arguments over who wants to take their diaper cake centerpiece home with them 'cause they are totally a Gryffindor and need this in their life! This cake features all the classic Harry Potter staples: a wand, Harry's glasses, the golden snitch, a letter from Hogwarts, and of course, Hedwig. Kudos to those with a Harry Potter-themed wedding!