Lemon Bars - It turned out very good but i think i could have cooked it a little longer.. Today I am sharing this Lemon Bars! A quick and easy dinner that is ready in under 30 minutes!
You can cook Lemon Bars with 13 Ingredients and 6 steps. See the following guide!
Ingredients for Lemon Bars:
- For the Crust:.
- 1/2 pound (2 sticks) cold unsalted butter, each stick cut into 1/2" cubes (keep refrigerated until you put in food processor).
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour.
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt.
- For the Filling:.
- 5 extra-large eggs at room temperature (or 6 large).
- 2 1/4 cups granulated sugar.
- 1.5 tablespoons grated lemon zest (3 to 5 lemons).
- 3/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice.
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour.
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt.
- Confectioners’ (powdered) sugar, for dusting.
Step by step how to cook Lemon Bars:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees..
- For the crust, put flour, sugar, and salt in food processor bowl and give it 6 or 7 quick pulses to aerate and evenly distribute all ingredients. Then add cold butter cubes straight out of the fridge, distributing them evenly over the dry mixture. Pulse food processor a few times to get everything started, then turn processor on and let the whole mixture go *just* until almost all of it is formed into a ball. (I say almost all because you invariably have crumbs that don't attach.).
- Dump the dough onto a floured surface and gather into a ball. Flatten the dough with floured hands and press it into a 12-inch tart pan, building up a 1/2-inch edge on all sides. Chill in freezer for 10 to 15 minutes..
- Prick the crust in several spots with a fork, then bake for 15 to 20 minutes, until very lightly browned. Let cool on a wire rack. Leave the oven on..
- For the filling, whisk together the eggs, sugar, lemon zest, lemon juice, and flour until all sugar and salt are completely dissolved. Pour into the crust, until it reaches *just* under the top of the edge (you may have a little left over) and bake for 30 to 35 minutes, until the filling is set. (I actually tend to like a roughly 60% to 40% filling to crust ratio, so I don't always use all the filling anyway.).
- Let cool to room temperature. Cut into triangles or squares and dust with confectioners’ sugar. Enjoy!.