Mocha Cake - It was delicious !!!!! Easy to make and a crowd pleaser !!!. Today I am sharing this Mocha Cake! A quick and easy dinner that is ready in under 15 minutes!
You can cook Mocha Cake with 11 Ingredients and 4 steps. See the following guide!
Ingredients for Mocha Cake:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour.
- 2 cups white sugar.
- 2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder.
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil.
- 2 eggs.
- 1 cup buttermilk.
- 2 tsp baking soda.
- 1/2 tsp salt.
- 1 tsp baking powder.
- 1 tsp instant coffee or espresso powder.
- 1 cup hot water.
Step by step how to cook Mocha Cake:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease two 9 inch round cake pans..
- Measure flour, sugar, cocoa, oil, eggs, buttermilk, baking powder, soda, and salt into a mixing bowl. Dissolve instant coffee in hot water, and add to mixing bowl. Beat at medium speed for 2 minutes until smooth; batter will be thin. Pour into prepared pans..
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, or until an inserted wooden pick comes out clean. Cool in pans for 10 minutes, and then turn out onto racks to cool completely..
- Frost cooled cake with Coffee Icing. After frosting, melt some semisweet chocolate baking squares or chips in a double boiler. Drizzle chocolate around top outside edges letting it run down sides, or over top of cake..