New England Beef Stew - It was delicious !!!!! Easy to make and a crowd pleaser !!!. Today I am sharing this New England Beef Stew! A quick and easy dinner that is ready in under 15 minutes!
You can cook New England Beef Stew with 17 Ingredients and 4 steps. See the following guide!
Ingredients for New England Beef Stew:
- 1 1/2 lb Extra-lean stew beef, chunks.
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil.
- 3 1/2 cup water.
- 1/2 cup beef stock.
- 1 yellow onion, chopped.
- 2 tsp garlic, minced.
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce.
- 1 tbsp lemon juice.
- 1 tsp sugar.
- 1/2 tsp salt.
- 1/2 tsp paprika.
- 1/4 tsp black pepper.
- 1/8 tsp allspice.
- 1 bay leaf.
- 6 medium carrots, peeled, sliced thin.
- 4 Yukon gold potatoes, peeled, chopped, 1 inch chunks.
- 3 celery stalk, sliced thin.
Step by step how to cook New England Beef Stew:
- Heat vegetable oil in large pot on medium-high heat. Add stew beef. Stir 10-15 minutes until brown. Drain beef in metal strainer to remove excess fat. Add beef back to pot..
- Add water and beef stock to pot. Heat medium-high. Add chopped onions, minced garlic, Worcestershire sauce, lemon juice, sugar, salt, pepper, paprika, allspice, and bay leaf. Stir occasionally. Bring to near boil..
- Reduce heat to low. Simmer covered for 2 hours, stirring occasionally..
- Stir in celery, carrots and potatoes. Return to boil. Reduce heat. Simmer covered for 30 minutes or until beef and vegetables are tender. Discard bay leaf. Serve and enjoy..