One Pot Creamy American Goulash - Easy to do and Very moist even after warming up leftovers the next day!. Today I am sharing this One Pot Creamy American Goulash! A quick and easy dinner that is ready in under 15 minutes!
You can cook One Pot Creamy American Goulash with 11 Ingredients and 6 steps. See the following guide!
Ingredients for One Pot Creamy American Goulash:
- 1 tbsp. olive oil.
- 1/2 onion, diced.
- 2 cloves garlic, minced.
- 1 lb. ground beef.
- 1 can (14.5 oz) diced tomatoes, undrained.
- 2 cups unsalted chicken broth.
- 1/2 cup heavy cream or milk.
- 2 cups elbow pasta, uncooked.
- 1 tsp. paprika.
- 1/2 tsp. each Italian seasoning, salt, pepper.
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese.
Step by step how to cook One Pot Creamy American Goulash:
- Heat the olive oil in a large pan with a tight fitting lid over medium heat. Once hot, add the onion to the pan and cook, stirring often until they are translucent. Then add the garlic and cook just another minute or so, until fragrant..
- Add the ground beef and cook until it is brown throughout. Drain out any excess fat, if necessary..
- Increase the heat to med-high. Stir in the broth, cream and diced tomatoes. Then stir in the seasonings and allow it to come to a boil..
- Once it starts to boil, stir in the uncooked elbows, put the lid on and decrease the heat to med-low. Simmer for 11-13 minutes, until the pasta is cooked through and the liquid is mostly absorbed..
- Remove the pan from the heat and stir half the cheese in until it melts. Then sprinkle the rest across the top. Place the lid back on for another 2-3 minutes, until the cheese has melted..
- Serve immediately and refrigerate any leftovers..