Prawn Pollichathu (Prawn cooked in Plantain leaf) - It turned out very good but i think i could have cooked it a little longer.. Today I am sharing this Prawn Pollichathu (Prawn cooked in Plantain leaf)! A quick and easy dinner that is ready in under 35 minutes!
You can cook Prawn Pollichathu (Prawn cooked in Plantain leaf) with 15 Ingredients and 6 steps. See the following guide!
Ingredients for Prawn Pollichathu (Prawn cooked in Plantain leaf):
- 500 gm Prawns.
- 1 tsp chilli powder.
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric.
- 1 tsp coriander powder.
- 1 tsp cumin powder.
- 1 tsp Garam Masala.
- to taste salt.
- 1 big tomato.
- 1 big onion sliced.
- ginger garlic crushed.
- Coconut oil.
- 1/4 Cup coconut thick milk.
- Pepper Powder.
- Handful curry leaves.
- Leaf Plantain.
Step by step how to cook Prawn Pollichathu (Prawn cooked in Plantain leaf):
- First in a bowl add the prawns add all spices turmeric,1/2 tsp chilli powder,1/2 tsp Coriander powder,salt to taste, cumin powder,garam masala 1/2 tsp.
- In a pan add coconut oil add little curry leaf and then add prawns and cook half done and remove..
- In same pan add some more oily then add onion sauté well add ginger-garlic crushed cook till raw smell goes. Then add all the dry spices cook while and add tomato cook well..
- Now add the prawns and mix well till all the spices gets into it cook for while it should look thick gravy now add coconut milk and adjust salt. Cook till the milk is drained completely..
- Once done add some more curry leaves and cover and remove from heat. Once it’s cool down a bit Clean the plantain leaf and add the prawns masala to it wrap it really well..
- In a pan add some oil put this plantain leaf in low flame and cook both side till color change and it’s done..