Rich and Creamy Mashed Potatoes (in a pressure cooker!) - It was delicious !!!!! Easy to make and a crowd pleaser !!!. Today I am sharing this Rich and Creamy Mashed Potatoes (in a pressure cooker!)! A quick and easy dinner that is ready in under 45 minutes! Creamy Pressure Cooker / Instant Pot Mashed Potatoes. As an Amazon affiliate, and affiliate with This Instant Pot Mashed Potato recipe will work in any brand of electric pressure cooker, including the If you want your potatoes to cook up extra rich and creamy, replace the milk with heavy cream. How do you make mashed potatoes in a pressure cooker? First peel and cut your potatoes into chunks. Then place the peeled and cut potatoes Sometimes we like to add sour cream and cream cheese to change up the flavor.
Make Butter Garlic Mixture: While the potatoes are cooking, heat a small sauce. In a large saucepan, cover the potatoes with water and bring to a boil. Press the potatoes through a ricer into the saucepan and mix well.
You can cook Rich and Creamy Mashed Potatoes (in a pressure cooker!) with 10 Ingredients and 6 steps. See the following guide!
Ingredients for Rich and Creamy Mashed Potatoes (in a pressure cooker!):
- 4-5 lbs russet potatoes, peeled and cubed.
- 3/4 cup water.
- 2 Bou chicken bouillon cubes.
- 1 Tbsp salt.
- 1 tsp onion powder.
- 1 tsp garlic powder.
- 1/4 cup butter.
- 1/4 cup plain whole milk yogurt.
- 3 Tbsp cream cheese.
- to taste Salt, pepper, and parsley.
Fold in the mayonnaise, season with salt and white. These fluffy mashed potatoes, rich with butter and milk, are seasoned perfectly with kosher salt and white pepper. I am concerned that the potatoes could easily be over cooked as you can't check them in the pressure cooker. CREAMY PRESSURE COOKER iNSTANT POT MASHED POTATOES One of the very first foods I learned to cook in the pressure cooker was potatoes.
Step by step how to cook Rich and Creamy Mashed Potatoes (in a pressure cooker!):
- Add the water, bou cubes, onion and garlic to the bottom of the pressure cooker..
- Pile the potatoes on top..
- Pressure cook on high pressure for 15 min with natural pressure release. Alternatively cook in a slow cooker on low for 5-6 hours..
- Check the potatoes are soft..
- Add the butter, yogurt, and cream cheese..
- Mash the potatoes and taste for seasoning. If you want, add water or milk to your desired consistency. Sprinkle with parsley..
If you like your potatoes rich and creamy instead of fluffy, the key is to allow them to retain some of their starch by cooking them directly in their jackets. Using a ricer, followed by a whip in a stand mixer, guarantees ultra-smooth results. For an even smoother purée, pass the potatoes through a chinois or. It's a cinch to jazz up instant mashed potatoes with sour cream and cream cheese, then cook and serve them from a slow cooker. Stir in the potato flakes, garlic salt and pepper.