Sambal udang petai (spicy chili gravy with prawn and stink bean) - Turned out great! Very moist.. Today I am sharing this Sambal udang petai (spicy chili gravy with prawn and stink bean)! A quick and easy dinner that is ready in under 20 minutes! Some people love petai beans which are simply known as petai or pete, in Indonesia, but some really dislike it because of its odious smell. Sambal udang petai adalah makanan kegemaran kami sekeluarga. Hampir setiap minggu saya akan masak menu ini. Sama ada makan dengan nasi lemak atau nasi putih. Simple and easy to cook chilly prawn recipe which is a favorite in my house.
Resepi sambal udang petai yang simple dan sangat mudah disediakan. In this video,we shows you how to make Sambal Undang masak Petai Hot and Spicy Parwns with bitter beans in indian style.
You can cook Sambal udang petai (spicy chili gravy with prawn and stink bean) with 10 Ingredients and 9 steps. See the following guide!
Ingredients for Sambal udang petai (spicy chili gravy with prawn and stink bean):
- 2 Handfuls dried chili (soaked and blend till it became paste).
- 1 Whole onion (blend with the soaked dried chili).
- 3 shallots (sliced thinly).
- 2 cloves garlic (sliced thinly).
- 3-4 tbsp tamarind juice.
- 4 tbsp sugar (depends on the spiciness of your dried chili).
- to taste Salt.
- 10 cloves Stink bean.
- Prawn (can be substituted with the seafood that you like).
- 5 tbsp cooking oil.
We hope you will enjoy the video! Add prawns and stir till three-quarters cooked. Then add in the petai and cook for about two minutes. Add sugar and salt to taste.
Step by step how to cook Sambal udang petai (spicy chili gravy with prawn and stink bean):
- Pour the oil into the wok let it be hot enough to fry our shallots and garlic.
- Throw in the garlic and shallots into the oil and fry them until golden brown.
- Add in the chili paste and stir.
- After the chili paste is cooked, add in the sugar and stir. To know whether the chili paste is cooked, you can see the oil covering the chili..
- After a few stirring, you wanted to add the tamarind juice and let the paste cooked for a while..
- Next, add the stink bean. And let it cooked for about 10 mins.
- Add salt to taste.
- Add in the prawn and let them cooked for 7-10 mins and you’re done!.
- This is the final look! Yum!.
The petai should be just half cooked to taste good. Sambal Udang (Prawn Sambal) is a fiery and piquant side dish often served as an accompaniment to perk up any rice meal. A must-try for the spicy food Sambal Udang (Prawn Sambal) is a well loved side dish that is often taken for granted. It seldom takes center stage as it is usually served as an. Recipe by Nanyang Express 南洋小厨Course: MainCuisine: Chinese.