Southern Deep Fried Pork Chops - . Today I am sharing this Southern Deep Fried Pork Chops! A quick and easy dinner that is ready in under 35 minutes!
You can cook Southern Deep Fried Pork Chops with 10 Ingredients and 12 steps. See the following guide!
Ingredients for Southern Deep Fried Pork Chops:
- 8 Bone in or boneless Pork Chops about 1/4 to 1/2 inch thick.
- 2 cup flour.
- 1 tsp salt.
- 1 tsp ground black pepper (I like the course grind myself).
- Egg or eggs beaten with cup or more milk. See note.
- 1 Cajun seasoning of your choice (optional).
- 1 oil for frying.
- Note: Depending on number of pork chops, use enough egg and milk.
- To dip chops in before dredging. May use 1 egg and less milk if.
- Using smaller amount of chops.
Step by step how to cook Southern Deep Fried Pork Chops:
- Mix the flour, salt, pepper to combine well..
- Heat a deep skillet or deep fryer with enough oil to cover pork chops. You can also just pan fry these and flip when golden brown on one side..
- Sprinkle Cajun seasoning(if using) on the pork chops on both sides..
- Dredge the coated chops in flour mixture..
- Beat the egg with milk or water and dip pork chop to coat both sides and return to flour mixture and evenly coat both sides well..
- Place battered pork chops on a cooling rack or baking sheet and let set to room temperature to let coating set. This helps keep the crust from falling off during frying..
- In hot oil, maybe medium to medium high heat, do not get to hot or to cool just to where you test it, it should start frying right away but not super hot..
- Take a couple of chops if pan in large enough to hold 2, carefully place chops into heated oil. If deep frying, you may have to flip, just keep an eye out to see when it is golden brown..
- If using skillet, fry on one side until golden brown and flip..
- Drain on cooling rack or paper towels to get rid of excess oil. May add more seasoning to taste when first out of oil..
- Repeat until all chops are cooked. Can be kept warm in 200°F oven until all are cooked or when your ready to serve..
- Serve with your choice of sides. Boneless ones are great on buttermilk biscuits for breakfast. If you have leftovers :).