Squash and Coconut Milk Shrimps - It turned out very good but i think i could have cooked it a little longer.. Today I am sharing this Squash and Coconut Milk Shrimps! A quick and easy dinner that is ready in under 45 minutes!
You can cook Squash and Coconut Milk Shrimps with 9 Ingredients and 4 steps. See the following guide!
Ingredients for Squash and Coconut Milk Shrimps:
- 1/2 kilo shrimps (whole).
- 1 cups coconut milk.
- 1/2 cup chopped squash.
- 4 cloves diced garlic.
- 1 thumb of julienned ginger.
- to taste Salt and Pepper.
- Neutral cooking oil.
- Garlic Salt (optional).
- Turmeric powder (optional).
Step by step how to cook Squash and Coconut Milk Shrimps:
- Put a pan on medium heat and add neutral cooking oil. When the oil is hot but not too hot, add the garlic and the ginger and stir for a minute or so. Add the shrimps and lightly saute..
- Once the shrimps start to turn pink in colour, add the coconut milk and squash and bring the pan to low heat. Cover the pan and allow it to reach a slow simmer..
- Once simmering, test the squash’s doneness. When the squash is soft enough to mash, take a fork and mash the pieces in the pan as the dish continues to simmer. After mashing, give it a good mix. Add salt and pepper to taste (you can use garlic salt instead of regular salt for this)..
- If you want a bit more colour, add a pinch of turmeric, and serve! Enjoy! ☺️.