Turon Filipino Banana Lumpia Dessert - Turned out great! Very moist.. Today I am sharing this Turon Filipino Banana Lumpia Dessert! A quick and easy dinner that is ready in under 45 minutes! Turon are deep fried bananas wrapped in spring roll wrappers. This is a famous dessert and snack in the Philippines. Turon is a type of Filipino snack. It is also called deep-fried banana rolls or banana lumpia. A typical Filipino meryenda and dessert, Turon has gained popularity throughout the years.
Today I made some Turon (Banana lumpia) usually served as a snack (mirienda in the Philippines) or a dessert. Making sure you coat the entire banana with a lot of sugar. Place the banana coated with brown sugar in the spring roll wrapper and add some jackfruit.
You can cook Turon Filipino Banana Lumpia Dessert with 5 Ingredients and 6 steps. See the following guide!
Ingredients for Turon Filipino Banana Lumpia Dessert:
- 6 Saba bananas.
- 1 cup ripe jackfruit.
- 1 1/2 cup brown sugar.
- 12 pieces spring roll wrappers.
- 2 cup cooking oil.
Filipino turon recipe for turon that's crispy and crunchy whether fried or baked. Serve with vanilla ice cream and salted caramel sauce and you have yourself a dessert that transports you straight to the tropics Which brings me to this Filipino turon recipe (some people like to call it banana lumpia). This banana lumpia is my take on a tasty Filipino treat! Bananas, fried in lumpia wrappers with brown sugar, and covered with caramel.
Step by step how to cook Turon Filipino Banana Lumpia Dessert:
- Roll banana on brown sugar. Making sure you coat the entire banana with a lot of sugar.
- Place the banana coated with brown sugar in the spring roll wrapper and add some jackfruit.
- Fold and wrap spring roll wrapper sealing it with water or homemade paste (see my lumpia recipe for directions on how to make paste).
- In a pan, heat up the oil and put brown sugar and wait until the brown sugar floats.
- Put in the wrapped bananas and fry until the wrapper turns golden brown and the extra sugar sticks on the wrapper.
- Serve hot with or without ice cream on top! Enjoy!.
I've actually been meaning to make banana lumpia (aka turon) since I saw it in a Filipino cookbook a few months ago. Turon is a popular Filipino snack that's sweet, crunchy, and satisfying. Ripe saba banana, jackfruit, and brown sugar are rolled together in a flour lumpia wrapper and fried to a golden Typically served for merienda (Filipino afternoon snack) or dessert, turon has the perfect blend of flavor and texture. This Turon recipe ( Banana Lumpia) is a perfect snack or dessert. A Popular dessert from the Philippines.