Chilled Lemongrass Beef & Noodles with Marinated Carrots and Cucumber - Turned out great! Very moist.. Today I am sharing this Chilled Lemongrass Beef & Noodles with Marinated Carrots and Cucumber! A quick and easy dinner that is ready in under 25 minutes!
You can cook Chilled Lemongrass Beef & Noodles with Marinated Carrots and Cucumber with 11 Ingredients and 10 steps. See the following guide!
Ingredients for Chilled Lemongrass Beef & Noodles with Marinated Carrots and Cucumber:
- 10 oz. Thinly Sliced Beef.
- 1 Lime.
- 6 oz. Carrots.
- 1 Persian Cucumber.
- 1/4 tsp. Crushed Red Pepper Flakes.
- 1 stalk Lemongrass.
- 1/2 lb. Fresh Lo Mein Noodles.
- 2 cloves Garlic.
- 2 tbsps Soy Sauce.
- 2 tbsps Vegetarian Worcestershire Sauce.
- 1 tbsp Light Brown Sugar.
Step by step how to cook Chilled Lemongrass Beef & Noodles with Marinated Carrots and Cucumber:
- Fill a medium pot with water; cover and heat to boiling on high. Wash and dry the fresh produce..
- Zest the lime to get 1 teaspoon (if you don’t have a zester, use a peeler to remove the green rind of the lime, avoiding the white pith; mince the rind). Quarter the lime..
- Cut off and discard the ends of the lemongrass. Peel away the fibrous outer layers to reach the pliable white core; finely chop the core. Peel and roughly chop 2 cloves of garlic..
- In a large bowl, combine the soy sauce, worcestershire sauce, lime zest, and the juice of 1 lime wedge..
- Separate the beef; pat dry with paper towels. In a medium pan (nonstick, if you have one), heat a drizzle of olive oil on medium-high until hot. Add the beef in an even layer. Cook, without stirring, 2 to 3 minutes, or until browned. Add the chopped lemongrass and garlic and as much of the red pepper flakes as you’d like, depending on how spicy you’d like the dish to be. Cook, stirring frequently, 1 to 2 minutes, or until the beef is just cooked through..
- Transfer to the bowl of sauce; stir to coat. Taste, then season with salt and pepper if desired. Set aside to cool..
- While the beef cools, peel the carrots; grate on the large side of a box grater. Halve the cucumber lengthwise, then thinly slice crosswise..
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the sugar and the juice of the remaining lime wedges. Add the grated carrots and sliced cucumber. Season with salt and pepper; stir to combine. Set aside to marinate, stirring occasionally, at least 10 minutes..
- While the vegetables marinate, add the noodles to the pot of boiling water, stirring gently to separate. Cook, stirring occasionally, 2 to 4 minutes, or until tender. Drain thoroughly and rinse under cold water 30 seconds to 1 minute to cool..
- Add the cooled noodles and marinated vegetables to the bowl of dressed beef; stir to thoroughly combine. Taste, then season with salt and pepper if desired. Enjoy!.