Creamy Italian Sausage Potato Soup - Turned out great! Very moist.. Today I am sharing this Creamy Italian Sausage Potato Soup! A quick and easy dinner that is ready in under 20 minutes!
You can cook Creamy Italian Sausage Potato Soup with 12 Ingredients and 4 steps. See the following guide!
Ingredients for Creamy Italian Sausage Potato Soup:
- 2 lbs. ground Italian Sausage.
- 1 medium onion, quartered and thin sliced.
- 6 garlic cloves, minced.
- 3 Potatoes, skin on, diced.
- 1 (10 oz.) pkg frozen chopped spinach.
- 2-3 Tbsp dried oregano.
- 2 Tbsp dried basil.
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes.
- Salt & pepper.
- 2 qts. Chicken Stock.
- 1 qt. Heavy Cream.
- 3 tsp cornstarch, if needed to thicken.
Step by step how to cook Creamy Italian Sausage Potato Soup:
- In large soup pot add the Italian sausage broken into pieces. Cook over medium high heat to start browning and then add in the onion slices. Stir to combine and cook. Add in the minced garlic, stir and cook 1 minute..
- Next add in all the spices, stir to combine..
- Next add in the diced potatoes and chopped spinach. Stir to combine. Add in chicken stock stock. Stir, reduce heat to medium and cook until potatoes are done..
- Last add in heavy cream and adjust seasoning if needed. At this point if not thick enjoy make a slurry with the cornstarch. Enjoy!.